Thread: Brightness measure

Default Brightness measure

I buy a new toy~XD~

A Lux meter that to measure the brightness of lightsaber.

and build a device of lightsaber measure~

just like:

Brightness of data:

pictures of data
    http://album.blog.yam.com/album.php?...folder=8389786

I will build more data when I get other lightsaber.
    Last edited by makototsai; 02-20-2011 at 03:31 PM.

Blog Entries

So your blades a little bit brighter than?
    Great info by the way!

Ohh nice. I would just love to stick my SSR90 blade in your box.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    Ohh nice. I would just love to stick my SSR90 blade in your box.

I would like to watch...

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

hey makoto ... i bought a lux meter too. i was wondering , how close do you have your blade to the actual light sensor? I makes a huge difference. For example i made mine quick , so the blade is about 6inches from the sensor , mt green blade shows 90lux , yet when i move the sensor to 2inches it shows 400lux and with the blade touching the sensor it shows 780.

i just noticed too..i got the EXACT same model too. lol. $19 ebay
    Last edited by Badkitty; 03-18-2011 at 09:22 PM.

HI~

When you measure the brightness, you need keep them with same distance and no any noise of other light(sun light or fluorescent lamp),
    This why I build a black box and fix the sensor.

if my explain is not clear for you, please reply me, I will show some introduction chart for explain.

What he is saying is that with these meters relative readings are what they are good for. Keeping out ambient light during a measurement is important if the meter is affected by normal room lighting.

My making the black box sensor distance is constant and only light from the blade hits the sensor.

These meters do not read lumens at a certain color like you see on led datasheets.

One thing to watch out for is don't take a reading too close to a light source or it still may be focused and can kick a reading up too high from hot spots.

I normally give a sensor a foot distance for single leds and 3 or 4 inches for blades.

ya that was the answer i was looking for sunrider... your 3 to 4inch distance. i wanted to know how far makoto had his blades from his sensor.

hey makoto....Could you measure the brightest of the tips of your blades...and the center. Just to have a full base of comparison

Why would you need that? The use of his box is to compair blades against each other. You will find it very difficult to get good data outside a direct compairison.