Thread: Dark Revenant - US 2.5 powered Sith Saber with 5W LEDengin deep red

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Default Dark Revenant - US 2.5 powered Sith Saber with 5W LEDengin deep red

Hello Saberland!

Since the move we have had little time to post our work on the forums, but I wanted to make sure that this one got posted. The customer named it the Dark Revenant, and provided to us a drawing of what he wanted it to look like. It is a Sith saber, designed in the vein of a Darth Vader inspired piece. It has a varied topography that allows for a very comfortable spinning and dueling saber. The middle section has a diameter of 1.25", much like the size of our aluminum stunt line. This section has black gloss PC in the lathed grooves as well as milled V-grooves in the lower half. The middle grip is offset and balanced by a multi-layer emitter section with a slanted emitter, forward mounted control box and covertec wheel reminiscent of the Vader sabers. This section is powder coated in gloss black. The control box was made to house a lighted anti-vandal switch and a thumbscrew greeblie. I was only given the side profile of the box in the drawing so a had to make assumptions on the rest of the shape. The rear of the saber houses the recharge port and speaker and provides a lot of room for resonance making this saber quite loud. The pommel is host to 6 1" T-track pieces giving homage to the Vader/OT Skywalker sabers without having them be part of the grip and in the way. For sound the customer requested the Ultrasound 2.5 and is Vader's Vault's last in house build with the US boards. It is igniting a LEDengin 5W Deep Red for an absolutely stunning red color. The Deep Red surprised me as I thought it wouldn't be very bright, but I was fortunately proven wrong and we got a nice bright blade with an amazing shade of red.

Quick Specs:

Custom machined hilt
    Custom control box
    Gloss black powder coating
    Lighted red ring anti-vandal switch
    LEDengin 5W Deep Red LED
    Ultrasound 2.5 set at the K2 setting
    Single 18650 Li-Ion 2400MAH power cell with internal recharge port

Pics:

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp5FmiKhrLs

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can tell you put a lot of work into this Fender, The middle grip section is superb! I would have preferred to have seen the Blade lit with the LED color in the vid.

That being said, I personally I don't like the design at all, but I appreciate the work you put into it.

Good job.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Fender;

How much more towards RED is the Deep Red than the Far Red or a standard Lux3 or P4? I've never seen these in action before.

Fender, That is great looking Sith saber. Excellent work.

really like the custom control box - great looking saber.
    Yub Yub Commander.

Nice work! I really like the front half. I'm not sure if it's just me but the video link isn't working. I Still found it and watched it. I wish you had the deep red on video..

ehh I for one really LIKE it!! I like how the grips make the pommel have a very good look
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixReborn View Post
    Fender;

How much more towards RED is the Deep Red than the Far Red or a standard Lux3 or P4? I've never seen these in action before.
    It is pure red. No touch of orange at all. I usually feel the P4's are pretty darn red, but these make even those look red-o. I guess it could best be described as if you took a lab created ruby and lit it up. It's that red.

Thanks guys!

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

That sounds amazing. I may use one of these in my next build.