Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Huge news about the Petit Crouton/New TCSS Soundboard

I understand now. I was just kind of confused. I'm glad I can buy a good quality soundboard now instead of going the econo way. I think I'll be able to buy a board sometime maybe after July though. I have reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergarcia87 View Post
    I understand now. I was just kind of confused. I'm glad I can buy a good quality soundboard now instead of going the econo way. I think I'll be able to buy a board sometime maybe after July though. I have reasons.
    Darth Real Life strikes back at all of us at times...the great thing about this development imo is that since these will be in regular production that means when you are ready to buy one they will likely be in stock or soon to be restocked so your chances of getting one whenever you can afford its price will be better now with this board.

This is totally rad!

But I'm still going to throw in my questions:

1) It was said that trying to switch the sound fonts yourself will render the board inoperable - but it's ok to change the micro sd card if you buy it at the tcss store to switch fonts... What's stopping the board from failing by switching the cards out to swap between light and dark meat?

2) what's the price point on the secondary sound font card?

So awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by tankhog View Post
    This is totally rad!

But I'm still going to throw in my questions:

1) It was said that trying to switch the sound fonts yourself will render the board inoperable - but it's ok to change the micro sd card if you buy it at the tcss store to switch fonts... What's stopping the board from failing by switching the cards out to swap between light and dark meat?

2) what's the price point on the secondary sound font card?

So awesome!
    please re-read LDMs post just a couple of posts before yours for explanation.

OK for those that want proof. I will format 3 sound cards, put a PC on it and run the lightmeat font, darkmeat font and something else I have (hero font or something). That way you can hear the fail message Skott

and others can see that we are not kidding about the boards only working with the two fonts.

Will this put the swappable fonts to rest?
    Last edited by Zook; 02-19-2011 at 05:49 PM.
    MH on FX-Forums

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but from what I can tell from the post from those "in the know" the cards are programmed to read either light or dark meat fonts ONLY. So if you swap light for dark or vica versa your ok. You try a 3rd party font and your screwed.
    Yub Yub Commander.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthammer View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here, but from what I can tell from the post from those "in the know" the cards are programmed to read either light or dark meat fonts ONLY. So if you swap light for dark or vica versa your ok. You try a 3rd party font and your screwed.
    Winner winner chicken dinner! That explains it perfectly!!! Thank you.

I have done a darkmeat video for everyone. I will post it tonight some time.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Thanks for clarifying. The way it was worded seemed to me like it was 'you choose one or the other, and that's that - forever'.

In the future would other sound fonts be made available?
    Or, is it possible for 'not affiliated saber smiths' to have the ability to purchase the unlocked versions of the cards?

Thanks for clarifying. The way it was worded seemed to me like it was 'you choose one or the other, and that's that - forever'.

In the future would other sound fonts be made available?
    Or, is it possible for 'not affiliated saber smiths' to have the ability to purchase the unlocked versions of the cards?
    first question...most likely not but you never know what may happen in the future.

second question...no.
    MH on FX-Forums

For the people who are complaining, knock it off! We finally have another high quality sound board available to us, and instead of being happy you complain because you can't choose between the multitude of soundfonts created over the years! THIS IS GREAT NEWS EVERYONE! LET'S GET EXCITED INSTEAD OF WHINING ABOUT IT! AS FOR WHY WE CAN'T CHANGE FONTS, IT'S BECAUSE IN ORDER TO DO THAT, IT WOULD SIGNIFICANTLY DRIVE THE COST WAY UP! The price is a STEAL, and the board is going to be AWESOME!

Thank you to ALL involved for making this new venture possible! It is a much needed niche that will be filled within the community!

I think we all need to take a moment and collectively be grateful to the hard work of MANY different people who made this possible!
    Psab
    Follow Your Bliss

Quote Originally Posted by psab keel View Post
    For the people who are complaining, knock it off! We finally have another high quality sound board available to us, and instead of being happy you complain because you can't choose between the multitude of soundfonts created over the years! THIS IS GREAT NEWS EVERYONE! LET'S GET EXCITED INSTEAD OF WHINING ABOUT IT! AS FOR WHY WE CAN'T CHANGE FONTS, IT'S BECAUSE IN ORDER TO DO THAT, IT WOULD SIGNIFICANTLY DRIVE THE COST WAY UP! The price is a STEAL, and the board is going to be AWESOME!

Thank you to ALL involved for making this new venture possible! It is a much needed niche that will be filled within the community!

I think we all need to take a moment and collectively be grateful to the hard work of MANY different people who made this possible!
    Psab
    Hear Hear, this will make the hasbro boards I have been using sound pathetic. I can't wait to get my hands on one.
    With the Blast Shield down I can't even see.. how am I supposed to fight