Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Huge news about the Petit Crouton/New TCSS Soundboard

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    The price will be $124.99

We also plan to offer separate SD cards for easy access to both sound fonts.
    Just remember to buy the extra SDcard if you want to change fonts because:

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    "Designed in France and now built in America"

To be clear, these boards will be able to use the "lightmeat" or "darkmeat" sound fonts. Only one may be installed at a time and this choice must be made when you place your order. These are the ONLY two fonts available for the PC-L. Attempting to change fonts between light and dark meat will void the warranty, so choose which you want when you order it. You are free to adjust the configuration and LED parameters as often as you like since this does not require an SD card reformat.

This is the only way to change the font that will not void your warranty. In other words, don't think you can just 'pilfer' the other font

@dgdave: all of your questions will be answered by reading hte provided manual. It will be posted when the board goes up for sale..one teaser..APOP yes...latching or momentary (same as CF)..that is all I will tell ya for now..okay, 4.5-9V input too...
    Last edited by Lord Dottore Matto; 02-19-2011 at 12:48 PM.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

I'm good for the regular AA batteries then. 124 bucks isn't that bad. So ou can still upload multiple fonts then like CF if you buy the seperate SD card or will the warrenty be voided if you do that? I usually don't get warranties anyway so. Theres a ton of soundfonts that I like.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergarcia87 View Post
    I'm good for the regular AA batteries then. 124 bucks isn't that bad. So ou can still upload multiple fonts then like CF if you buy the seperate SD card or will the warrenty be voided if you do that? I usually don't get warranties anyway so. Theres a ton of soundfonts that I like.
    you have 2 choices - lightmeat or darkmeat. and you have to choose when you buy it. putting another font on there will not work and using the card for the other version of the card will void the warranty. as for using alkalines with any high end card like this, that is blasphemy.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    putting another font on there will not work...
    Ok... why won't it work? Please don't be afraid to get very technical/techy with the answer.

Hey it's a valid question.

Please don't hate me.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Quote Originally Posted by ARKM View Post
    Ok... why won't it work? Please don't be afraid to get very technical/techy with the answer.

Please don't hate me.
    Very technical answer - because that is the way the board was designed. To use one or the other font.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by ARKM View Post

Please don't hate me.
    LOL, no hate . Here is the technical answer; The firmware on the board is locked to ONLY recognize lightmeat and darkmeat. The board will NOT recognize any other sound font and If any other font is installed, the "FAIL" sound will play and the board will not work and the warranty will be void.

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergarcia87 View Post
    You REALLY need to read. this has been covered in this thread ad nosium. The warranty is not something you buy. It covers the board automatically. You cannot put any other font on the board. If you do so, it will not work. The only option you have is to purchase the SD card from TCSS with the second sound font on it. If you order your board with lightmeat, you can also order the darkmeat SD card and visa versa. Also, believe me when I say that this board's sweet spot is with a 7.4V Li-ion pattery pack.

Everyone needs to get off of the "why can't we change the fonts?" kick. You simply can't. That is the way that we designed the board. Just like Ultrasaber's designed their boards so the font could not be changed. We did the same. The PCMG has given you the ability to choose from 2 different fonts rather than the one available on previous boards. I hope this clears it up once and for all.
    Last edited by Lord Dottore Matto; 02-19-2011 at 01:59 PM.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

Thanks everyone involved in making PC-L available on TCSS!!!! thank you thank you!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    The board will NOT recognize any other sound font and If any other font is installed, the "FAIL" sound will play and the board will not work and the warranty will be void.

Now I really want to hear the Fail sound! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO TELL ME!!!

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post

Now I really want to hear the Fail sound! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO TELL ME!!!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Both of the fonts that are available for this board sound awesome and are way better than the US or any MR/Hasbro FX boards. It is well worth the price TCSS is selling it for.

Most people don't understand how hard it is to make a sound board that also has a REAL LED driver on it. There is way more to it than you think. It is not just having a sound play when a sensor makes contact, there are lots of other issues you have to consider and it will take lots of trial and error to even try it. (Lots and lots of error) LOL

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php