Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Huge news about the Petit Crouton/New TCSS Soundboard

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    do you mean F5 key?

i do have a minor question that i'm sure the manual will answer about accent LED outputs - will they be able to be set up as low power indicators? what kind of power do they put out? i assume they're as multi-configurable as the PC-U, but how much does that mean? the way i figure it, i can squeeze 4 accent LEDs out of the whole thing - 1 for main power wired to the killkey/recharge port, one wired in parallel to the main LED, and 2 from the board LED outputs. i know i should just wait to get my hands on the manual and the picture of the board, but it's just so exciting! ^_^
    If I set it up like you describe you could have 5 accents... I have one set up with 2 accents off the main and one off each accent pad right now and that's 4... I have also set them up running 2 accents off of one pad in that case you could run up to 7...

As far as volume goes... I find this board to be as loud as any of the CF's I have... If you set it up with a proper resonance chamber you should have no problem with volume... Also I have found that if you float the clash sensor instead of attaching it to the board you'll get a better response from the hits...
    Last edited by beggarsoutpost; 02-20-2011 at 12:46 PM.

KI-ADI-MUNDI on FX-SABERS.com

TO FINISH THIS
    To quote Erv':
    Quote Originally Posted by Erv'
    If you want to play around with changeable / multiple sound fonts, please search for another sound board acronym, here's some help, it starts with a C.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by beggarsoutpost View Post
    If I set it up like you describe you could have 5 accents... I have one set up with 2 accents off the main and one off each accent pad right now and that's 4... I have also set them up running 2 accents off of one pad in that case you could run up to 7...

As far as volume goes... I find this board to be as load as any of the CF's I have... If you set it up with a proper resonance chamber you should have no problem with volume... Also I have found that if you float the clash sensor instead of attaching it to the board you'll get a better response from the hits...

That will void the warranty on the PC-L. The clash sensor is connected directly to the board on the PC-L so if its de-soldered the customer does so at his/her own risk.

AZ yes one of the accent LED pads can be used as a deep sleep (standby) LED that blinks when the saber is off (but power to the board).
    MH on FX-Forums

Can on of the accent LED pads be configured to blink when the battery is getting low?
    -Sidd-

Ah.. my bad... I did not realize it was coming with the clash attached...

KI-ADI-MUNDI on FX-SABERS.com

Anyone know the dimensions of the new board?

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Quote Originally Posted by Zook View Post
    AZ yes one of the accent LED pads can be used as a deep sleep (standby) LED that blinks when the saber is off (but power to the board).
    you missed the word "low" in my question. i know it can be set up as a standby power blinky, but i want to know if one can be set up solely as a low power indicator.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    you missed the word "low" in my question. i know it can be set up as a standby power blinky, but i want to know if one can be set up solely as a low power indicator.
    oops sorry I missed that.

The answer is no.
    MH on FX-Forums

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Quote Originally Posted by Zook View Post
    oops sorry I missed that.

The answer is no.
    and there's that. ^_^ thanks!

i guess it would be hard to get it to display a bargraph as well with only 2 accent LED pads, so i'll just hold off on that question and try to figure out how to wire 7 LEDs to various points in the saber.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

I would like to add my humble "Thank You" to everyone who helped make this board a possibility, and to the community here. Personally, I think that having this board available is probably the best thing that could ever have happened to us as builders. I've always thought that it was a huge shame that, in order to acquire any kind of quality sound, another saber had to be cannibalized. Let's face it, the majority of hobby builders never had a chance to get their hands on any of the other custom boards other than by stealing them out of Hasbro/MR replicas ... kind of a crime in-and-of itself if you ask me.... The accomplishments here blow my mind, and quite frankly I'm a little shocked that so many have so little appreciation for what this really means to all of us here; a steady supply of quality sound cards at a more than reasonable price, yes, but more importantly: this card represents so many more great things to come! This card is going to take off (and I shall certainly do my part by buying as many as I can afford!) and pave the way for infinitely greater things to come, with quality for all and not just the few of those who can afford to pay outrageous prices for a woefully limited quantity of whatever else is out there.

This is a wonderful day. Again, to everyone who worked on this card and made this wishful thinking a reality, we here are very thankful. And to the community here, I am very thankful.
    Last edited by Cancer; 02-20-2011 at 02:07 PM.
    All the spaces in between, in the flow of dreams and energy, the scars in the force ... I am at the heart of the void....