Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Huge news about the Petit Crouton/New TCSS Soundboard

I'm not going to do it. Please don't think I'm trying to disrespect people
    I'm merely curious. I'm guessing I'm not the only one wondering about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    For the sake of respect to the shop and the people behind the PC I will say the question is somewhat disrespectful.
    No disrespect intended. From my point of view, it seems like that's the question people have been dancing around while trying to avoid actually phrasing it that way. I honestly DON'T want to know the answer to that question. I hope we don't come in next week to see someone posting detailed instructions on how to do so. The product that will do custom fonts with all the bells and whistles currently exists, and we all know which one that is. True, the CF is a bit more limited in supply, but it's still out there if one MUST have custom fonts. The PC-U is also available to certain sabersmiths, who will be happy to build a saber with a custom font.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

curious is one thing but alot of people put a lot of time into this board and you either get light meat or dark meat its that simple
    if you use a diffrent sd card than those two you void your warrenty

Guys... the PC-L is like any other product.. its gone throught EXTENSIVE crash and bug tests.. it has a REAL warranty(thats more than you can ask for from most electronics)but like any product if you want to buy it and attempt to hack the firmware go ahead(not recommended)..

You will immediately VOID your warranty, You will have ruined your reputation.. because yeah the guys at fx will fix your busted sf hilt but they will NEVER work with you once they find out what your doing. Ooo and yeah, You'll find out (*FORCE LIGHTNING*) fast that while this is the first official version of the PC-L.. this is not Irv's or any of the guys in the PCMG first go around the track(hehe).. its been said and its not ego stroking, that Irv is an EE'ing genious and has some practice writting firmware code(you do know about his other baby right?).

So in summary, this shouldnt even be a consideration as you can get the Cf for a small amount more and the 2 fonts offered is already a 100% improvement within this class of soundboard.. this would be wasted time/money + replacement or repair cost.. if it takes you 6months to settle your PC-L saber after you ruin it.. you probably had a shot at the Cf(just saying).. so this is just a bad idea and sounds costly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"

Are people honestly still complaining about this? I don't get it.
    Follow Your Bliss

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psab keel View Post
    Are people honestly still complaining about this? I don't get it.
    We say in the body shop we work in
    "if a guy gets a brand new mustang, he will complain about the engine."
    It is the nature of people, to always want more and never be satisfied with what they have.

Simple as that.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Hey guys, I have a question about the PC-L. Based on the manual, I'm going with a dual 18650 battery set-up. Initially I was going to use a pre-built pack with a PCB limiting it to 6A. The price was too high so now I'm going to just build my own pack. I re-read the manual and noticed that the max specs show a 2A draw. Has anyone seen a two cell PCB that limits it to 2A? I have found ones for single cells, but not two. Does it matter if I use it for two cells end-to-end? Would a 6A PCB fry the PC-L? None of the PCBs for Li-Ion cells at TCSS limit it to 2A.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Quote Originally Posted by IndustrialAction View Post
    Hey guys, I have a question about the PC-L. Based on the manual, I'm going with a dual 18650 battery set-up. Initially I was going to use a pre-built pack with a PCB limiting it to 6A. The price was too high so now I'm going to just build my own pack. I re-read the manual and noticed that the max specs show a 2A draw. Has anyone seen a two cell PCB that limits it to 2A? I have found ones for single cells, but not two. Does it matter if I use it for two cells end-to-end? Would a 6A PCB fry the PC-L? None of the PCBs for Li-Ion cells at TCSS limit it to 2A.
    electronics only draw what they want. the PC-L will only draw up to 2A. the 6A cutoff is to protect your cells from shorting out, being overdrawn, and exploding. if you actuallly do find a cell PCB that has a 2A limiter, as soon as the PC-L hits it, the cell will shut off (go into protected mode) and you'll lose power.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    electronics only draw what they want. the PC-L will only draw up to 2A. the 6A cutoff is to protect your cells from shorting out, being overdrawn, and exploding. if you actuallly do find a cell PCB that has a 2A limiter, as soon as the PC-L hits it, the cell will shut off (go into protected mode) and you'll lose power.
    Thanks! I did find one but I'll avoid it. I'm going with the 6A version @7.4v.

Remember the dual 18650 (especially side by side) is a space hog.. when I use them I only use them as singles(which is great and WILL, I repeat WILL run the PC-L with some LED's). If you can I'd just go with the 14500's.. yeah they dont last as long but when space is a premium, I think its worth consideration (at the very least).. and your still going to get good run times.. just not hours an hours

If you really must have the big joint the dual 18500 is becoming popular(with the smiths). I hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"