Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Huge news about the Petit Crouton/New TCSS Soundboard

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psab keel View Post
    For the people who are complaining, knock it off! We finally have another high quality sound board available to us, and instead of being happy you complain because you can't choose between the multitude of soundfonts created over the years! THIS IS GREAT NEWS EVERYONE! LET'S GET EXCITED INSTEAD OF WHINING ABOUT IT! AS FOR WHY WE CAN'T CHANGE FONTS, IT'S BECAUSE IN ORDER TO DO THAT, IT WOULD SIGNIFICANTLY DRIVE THE COST WAY UP! The price is a STEAL, and the board is going to be AWESOME!

Thank you to ALL involved for making this new venture possible! It is a much needed niche that will be filled within the community!

I think we all need to take a moment and collectively be grateful to the hard work of MANY different people who made this possible!
    Psab
    I'll 3rd that. I will have to wait awhile before I can get one. The US board I have, will have to do. For those that made this possible, I thank you, My hats off.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    you have 2 choices - lightmeat or darkmeat. and you have to choose when you buy it. putting another font on there will not work and using the card for the other version of the card will void the warranty. as for using alkalines with any high end card like this, that is blasphemy.
    Like it matters what batteries you use.

Anyway I don't like the idea that you can only use 2 fonts with this, I thought the whole point was to have customizable sound fonts?
    dont get me wrong I love it that theres a ready made board but sorry I think lightmeat and darkmeat suck, worse sound sets I've heard in a long while. If I want to buy a CF lite I want to change the soundfonts to something that's more pleasing to my ears.

I was all sorts of happy and now I am not.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre View Post

Anyway I don't like the idea that you can only use 2 fonts with this, I thought the whole point was to have customizable sound fonts?
    dont get me wrong I love it that theres a ready made board but sorry I think lightmeat and darkmeat suck, worse sound sets I've heard in a long while. If I want to buy a CF lite I want to change the soundfonts to something that's more pleasing to my ears.

That is unfortunate Sid. Well, I guess we can't please everyone. I am sure that E57 will cry himself to sleep knowing that not everyone likes the fonts he made for everyone to use. Shame.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Sorry but with all the fonts that I have heard I feel these 2 are sub par and it wont matter cause I cant change it to one that I like.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

If you don't like it. Don't buy it. Trust me Tim's business won't hurt because of it.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Sorry but with all the fonts that I have heard I feel these 2 are sub par and it wont matter cause I cant change it to one that I like.
    Well, we know that fonts are subjective in who likes them and who does not. I happen to like both of them (and I work with them daily) which is a big reason that they exist in the first place and I think most folks will like them too when they hear them with their own ears rather than on video. Not everyone liked US 2.x font, but that didn't stop them selling out each time they were available (and talk about a "buggy" board).
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Whoever said that the PC-L was supposed to have customizable soundfonts? You need to get a CF for that. For a PC-L to have customizable sound kinda defeats the purpose of CF wouldn't it?

You are being really harsh on those two soundfonts. They are CF quality fonts and better sounding that any other boards out there (except the CF of course). In fact, E57 and Novastar took the time and effort to create two new soundfounds for these boards instead of re-using older fonts.

Well, you can't please everyone I suppose.
    Follow Your Bliss

Just ignore the trolls, guys.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Why are some people making this more complicated than it needs to be?

For a year now we've known a new soundcard would be coming to TCSS...Strydur was [correctly imo] not forthcoming with too many details about what it might be, so I see no reason for anyone to have had any specific expectations and certainly not user customizable soundfonts...I never expected that so am in no way disappointed this doesnt have them.

What it does have is two sound options which is one more than Ultrasound did [I liked Ultra's choices but if I hadnt I had no other choice at all eh? With this if you don't like one 'meat' try the other] and a board that presumably will not have the quality control [or switch? etc] issues that plagued Ultrasound, has a warranty that will be honoured - this is no small thing - if the odd bad one gets through [not so likely with MH testing EACH one not samples] and is based on Plecter quality design and with the functional nicety of the Plecterlabs standard two button control schema for reliable blaster bolt and lockup, APOP, 2 accent LEDs...etc...and a REAL LED DRIVER...and IT WILL BE REGULARLY AVAILABLE.

Sounds to me like this is equal or better than the US 2.5 in every way and some people STILL aren't satisfied??? ??? ???

[let me note again: ...and IT WILL BE REGULARLY AVAILABLE.]

Since my other sites are music sites I'll just have to quote Brother Mick:

You can't always get what you WANT, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you NEED.

[yet again: ...and IT WILL BE REGULARLY AVAILABLE.]

This is exactly what this hobby NEEDS and the ingratitude of the "I want it all, I want it all, I want it all and I want it now" complaints about what PC-L 'isn't' is disturbing imo.

[one last time: ...and IT WILL BE REGULARLY AVAILABLE.]

Hallelujah, Halle Berry, Halley's comet, Hal 9000 and HAL YEAH this is the best news in this hobby in a couple years and people need to show more appreciation not cast doubt.

The people who are bringing this forward must wonder why they bother with some of the response they are receiving but I can only thank them.

So thats it: "Thank You."

My 0.02 cents Cdn...we now return you to regularly scheduled other rants already in progress...LOL