Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Huge news about the Petit Crouton/New TCSS Soundboard

Blog Entries

I know I am bringing the wrath upon myself by even asking this but I am a glutton for punishment... will there be a "service" option for getting the boards wired, you know for those who have poor soldering skills?

What are the voltage requirements for this particular board?
    Follow Your Bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    But we are talking weeks not a year between runs =)
    And THAT is the best news of all imo; frequent production runs will mean a good custom soundboard will finally be a regularly available item like all the other great TCSS parts and that is something we can all be very grateful for...

To be honest, given that this board will not be a very limited run like pretty much every other custom board to date, the (early rough) pricing estimate seems dissappointingly a little high. Here's hoping that the final release price will be lower!

JamoUp - Thanks for the links to the sound font demos!
    This Jedi Ranger has a name....Terek Kelrune. Don't forget it.

I'm definantly getting me a board. I might get the darkmeat for the power on/off effects. I couldn't really hear any swinging sounds though on the posted videos. Do the PC have only one swing sound on both fonts or multiple swing sounds? If the board has a led driver on it, should regular AA batteries be good? I just wanna get some more info on the board before I buy it is all. Not trying to sound like a noob or anything. Should I be able to use the P4 led kit from TCSS with the board? I'm getting a P4 either blue or green with the AA batteries. Also what about switches? Thanks for the info. Sorry again to sound like a noob.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

There's probably better vids for the lightmeat font. That one doesn't show the swing or clash sounds.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

I'm definantly getting me a board. I might get the darkmeat for the power on/off effects. I couldn't really hear any swinging sounds though on the posted videos. Do the PC have only one swing sound on both fonts or multiple swing sounds? If the board has a led driver on it, should regular AA batteries be good? I just wanna get some more info on the board before I buy it is all. Not trying to sound like a noob or anything. Should I be able to use the P4 led kit from TCSS with the board? I'm getting a P4 either blue or green with the AA batteries. Also what about switches? Thanks for the info. Sorry again to sound like a noob.

This board will power a variety of LEDs and have a range of voltage inputs (chosen by the user in the set-up menu, done through button presses and following audio instructions from the board itself). The exact specs whould be up early next week. As for the sounds, can't answer that for certain, but I think it will have a few swings.
    Last edited by Jedi Ranger; 02-18-2011 at 08:41 PM. Reason: quote included

Darkmeat is MEAN sounding - I like it!
    Yub Yub Commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Ranger View Post
    This board will power a variety of LEDs and have a range of voltage inputs (chosen by the user in the set-up menu, done through button presses and following audio instructions from the board itself). The exact specs whould be up early next week. As for the sounds, can't answer that for certain, but I think it will have a few swings.
    I think you have this board confused with the Ultrasound. This board has a micro sd card that you set your parameters on, just like a Crystal Focus.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Xusia View Post
    I think you have this board confused with the Ultrasound. This board has a micro sd card that you set your parameters on, just like a Crystal Focus.
    Haha! You are right! I've been working with a couple US2.5s for the last few months, so their design was foremost on my mind. Thanks for the correction.

BUUUT..............I don't think the PC-Ls use cards (given that the sounds are "built-in"), hence the need for another method of programming.