Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Huge news about the Petit Crouton/New TCSS Soundboard

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thumbs up Huge news about the Petit Crouton/New TCSS Soundboard

"Designed in France and now built in America"

Today is a special day for the Saber Community. First, a little history lesson. The Petit Crouton burst onto the scene as a "Saber Smith only" board last summer. Those who own a PC saber can attest that it is a great board with many customizable parameters. I will not go into the details here , but suffice to say that it is a "Baby CF" in nearly every way. At the time that the board was released, we stated that there was no plan for public release at that time. Production has always been an issue. Well, thanks to the tireless work of the Petit Crouton Management Group (PCMG) the Petit Crouton has been contracted to be produced for public sale by a small U.S. firm. The particulars of this relationship shall remain under the tenants of the PCMG NDA. We can, however announce that MH will provide the testing and warranty service for all publicly sold Petit Crouton boards. He will also personally flash and test all boards prior to sale as an added quality control measure. These boards are designated PC-L and are slightly different than the Saber Smith only boards (otherwise known as PC-U). What does this all mean? Well, the PC-L is consistent with the PCMG rules for Petit Crouton and is a "locked" board. This means that it will be available in "lightmeat" and "darkmeat" sound font versions. All of the configuration file parameters will remain unlocked so that the end user may configure his/her board to suit his/her saber. PC-U boards will still be available through PC-certified Saber Smiths for those who wish to commission a custom saber with a custom sound font.

To be clear, these boards will be able to use the "lightmeat" or "darkmeat" sound fonts. Only one may be installed at a time and this choice must be made when you place your order. These are the ONLY two fonts available for the PC-L. Attempting to change fonts between light and dark meat will void the warranty, so choose which you want when you order it. You are free to adjust the configuration and LED parameters as often as you like since this does not require an SD card reformat.

These boards will be warrantied as free from defects upon arrival (in other words if they are DOA, they will be warrantied). Once you buy it, it is your responsibility to ensure that you possess the appropriate skill to wire it up. This PCB is not like an MR or Ultrasound board and will take some skill to correctly wire up. We recommend a needle or fine tip soldering iron. For clients in the U.S. and Canada, MH will be providing repair services for the PC-L. Plecterlabs will be providing repair service for EU clients ONLY. The repair fee will vary depending on what is wrong with the board and yes, both of these gentlemen can tell if you did it or if it is a defect. Further "warranty" details will be posted at TCSS and Fx.

Finally, the meat of the news. The PC-L is the new TCSS exclusive sound board! Choose lightmeat or darkmeat when you order. They will be available through the Custom Saber Shop starting next week at a price point similar to the now defunct Ultrasound 2.5. Enjoy!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Dibs!!!

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Oooooh shiny!!! WANT.

Time to finish honing my soldering skills so I can be ready.
    Last edited by Silver Serpent; 02-18-2011 at 02:18 PM.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Like!
    ~S~
    "My inner child lets my outer adult pay bills and that's it." - Crystal Chambers
    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." - da Vinci
    "If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was" - Pemmin

This is awesome news.

Are these going to be a free for all item or just available to those who are not smiths. Are there going to be limits to purchasing, can we expect a crouton rush from smiths buying up all the stock?
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

I seriously hope your questions were sarcastic.
    If not they were the dumbest questions currently on the internet.

"You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Be nice, Skott.

Maybe he needs to go back and re-read LDM's post.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    I seriously hope your questions were sarcastic.
    If not they were the dumbest questions currently on the internet.
    Sorry, did I miss something? Please do enlighten me as it would appear I'm quite thick and am failing to understand!
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Common sense.
    If a smith is a Plecterlabs affiliate then why would he go through here and not Plecter labs?
    Therefore, why would there be a rush of smiths?