Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Huge news about the Petit Crouton/New TCSS Soundboard

Quote Originally Posted by cardcollector View Post
    Thanks for the vids, I really love the lightmeat soundfont. One thing I notice though, the swing doesn't seem very responsive ain't it? In those videos, it's either they come after a swing or they don't come at all. I really hope it's just a setting issue cause my Hasbro Anakin seems more responsive than that (I am in no way implying my Anakin board is better than a PC-L. Just stating an honest observation)

Council Member
    Jedi Master

These things are VERY responsive. I have found them to be better than the US boards and those used accelerometers. I don't know how Erv' did it, but he made a board that performs better with mechanical sensors than 'others' have with accelerometers. People, these things are everything you've been waiting for, begging for, and won't disappoint at all.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    These things are VERY responsive. I have found them to be better than the US boards and those used accelerometers. I don't know how Erv' did it, but he made a board that performs better with mechanical sensors than 'others' have with accelerometers. People, these things are everything you've been waiting for, begging for, and won't disappoint at all.
    Thank you for your assurance. Glad to know they are responsive. I guess it makes sense that the analog sensor is more sensitive since it's uses actual pyshical contact of the ball bearing inside the sensor to detect movement. Hence, as long as the ball bearing moves, it will trigger.

Accelerometers on the other hand requiries complex programming to differentiate between a swing and a clash and I have heard some boards where the swing is actually detected as clash instead. Guess due to the programming, it might sometimes mistake one for the other.

Blog Entries

I hate work, I hate school. I am going to quit and dropout... I missed this batch. Here is to praying I am fast enough on the next stock.

The boards are also adjustable to make them more sensitive. I find the stock settings not quite sensitive enough for me so I play with the settings to get it where I want it (read the manual about adjusting the sensitivity). It also varies from saber to saber because of where you put it and such.

The only drawback to adjusting the sensitivity a little high is that if you have it sitting on a hard surface the speaker will sometimes make the balls roll and will cause it to swing but how many times are you going to play with the saber sitting on the stand etc.

Also Tim will have a bunch more next week some time to put up for sale...so fret not if you missed out.
    Last edited by Zook; 02-22-2011 at 07:34 PM.
    MH on FX-Forums

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Quote Originally Posted by bk_renesis View Post
    Going to wait till the alternative font sd cards are in stock but everything else is in the basket!
    might not want to wait like that. i've had things in my cart before and it resets after a while.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    oh man new toy i feel like a kid .... well when dont i?

i couldent decied what sound i wanted so when i went to buy the SB only darkmeat was left so haha choice made

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

Quote Originally Posted by thejedilestat View Post
    oh man new toy i feel like a kid .... well when dont i?

i couldent decied what sound i wanted so when i went to buy the SB only darkmeat was left so haha choice made
    The emperor will be pleased to know you let the force guide your actions.. dont let yourself be clouded by the jedi smoke screen.. you want the darkmeat.. you love the darkmeat
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"

Well, you know what they say . . .

I, for one, am stoked . . . like a fire. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved in making this happen. I'm sure it's going to open many doors for n00bish sabersmiths like myself. Can't wait to design a new project for one of these bad boys.

If anyone wants to see some comparisons with the PC and some other soundboards in various saber designs, watch this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reiqDtU9BtU
    This was made in response to some questions or concerns about the board that were expressed at FX-Sabers, but I feel it may be appropriate here as well.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.