Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FX Anakin conversion kit

Default FX Anakin conversion kit

So i just bought this and its not fiting in my hasbro 200 hilt. Its not a tight fit it physically will not fit inside. ill post a picture later tonight but i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what i need to do

OcTavius, the year number of your hilt is missing the last digit. That might help someone figure out why it's not fitting. I wish I could be of more help!

if you look at the 'reviews' tab on the product page it looks like a couple different people have had a similar problem

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MR...-kit-P248.aspx

ya they said they had to sand it, how is sanding metal going to make enough difference
    this is honestly how far it would fit, thats with forcing it
    Last edited by OcTavius; 05-05-2011 at 03:49 PM.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

sanding it helps by removing thin layers of metal every time. be sure to use 150+ sandpaper too. it'll work - it'll just take a little extra work.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

I had to do alot of work to get it to fit. It was really tight & needed a good bit of sanding to not only the inside of the hilt, but also the outside of the blade holder. Once in though, everything lined up well. I've just ordered another for my next project though. Maybe it will fit with less work.
    that's one of the reviews.
    if you read, he says not only did he have to sand the actual blade holder, but he also had to sand in the inside of the hilt itself.
    The Dark Side is all I have...

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    sanding it helps by removing thin layers of metal every time. be sure to use 150+ sandpaper too. it'll work - it'll just take a little extra work.
    Alright ill have to give the sand paper a go

Blog Entries

A friend of mine and I converted a 07 Anakin and had access to a metal lathe at the time. I think we took off 1/32nd of a inch and with a little sanding on the inside of the hilt, everything fit snug.
    Finished Sabers:
    05 MR Vader ANH (Red Rebel Star)
    05 MR Mace AotC/RotS (White Rebel Star)

Current Project:
    FLAMESTRIKE

LAVABURST

ya this just sand paper is going slow