Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: White Lightsaber Blade

Lee isn't the only manufacturer of gel filters. You can get a Rosco swatch book for $2.50 plus shipping from online photo stores. A google search will turn up at least one more mfr.

Interesting thing is I havent used the link for awhile but... I did get another FREE set for a friend last year.. now checking the link they are still FREE(max 2 per) and so are the Rosco ones(<-FREE) but they are both on backorder (booooo... lol).. PM me I'll give you the link and you can watch for yourselves but Ive used the same place for years... same same always
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

yeah i used that link and got 2 LEE books and a ROSCO book just fine a couple months ago.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

For a white blade I like the Corbin blades sold here at TCSS...the core effect makes it look less 'fluorescent tube' appearing but I also like to add a very very PALE [high transmission] blue filter from Lee, Rosco or Apollo...to my eye that makes it slightly more 'silvery' and less boring white imo.

Another factor to consider is the colour temperature of your 'white' LED...I like the COOL white LEDs again to get more towards the 'silvery' but your tastes may vary...if you wanted to filter for yellow for example you'd probably be better off to go for a warm white LED.

For me a COOL white LED, very pale blue filter and Corbin blade looks nice...YMMV eh?

White blades have been a massive hit among all of my friends. That's the first color they wanted to see when I told them I made my first RGB. Unfortunately the white does have a feint hint of an over-powering red (from my RGB LED), a problem that you will NOT have to worry about ... but I plan on dimming that down a smidge with a micro-profile potentiometer

white blades rock, and honestly they really take the eyes off of your hilt for sure ... but I've seen one hilt on here that looks frakking amazing with a white blade. Look for the War Machine, I can't recall off the top of my head which user has that in their sig, but I'd be shocked it they didn't have it in a gallery thread somewhere.
    All the spaces in between, in the flow of dreams and energy, the scars in the force ... I am at the heart of the void....

Solda Foade.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

One thing you could try to prevent the cold fluorescent tube effect, is to go for a warmer white.
    Perhaps a thin orange filter or something of the sort.
    Or any colour, for that matter...

mTm

Official Owner of Skottsaber at Bowling

Quote Originally Posted by Cancer View Post
    White blades have been a massive hit among all of my friends. That's the first color they wanted to see when I told them I made my first RGB. Unfortunately the white does have a feint hint of an over-powering red (from my RGB LED), a problem that you will NOT have to worry about ... but I plan on dimming that down a smidge with a micro-profile potentiometer

white blades rock, and honestly they really take the eyes off of your hilt for sure ... but I've seen one hilt on here that looks frakking amazing with a white blade. Look for the War Machine, I can't recall off the top of my head which user has that in their sig, but I'd be shocked it they didn't have it in a gallery thread somewhere.
    Hi Cancer, yes War Machine is my design, unfortunately the pic in the sig is a 3D render only as I have not as yet built the saber. However, plans are underway to get this built and I should be starting on it mid year all being well. It will probably have a P4 white, or similar.
    With the Blast Shield down I can't even see.. how am I supposed to fight

I had mixed experiences trying to get a free lee filter swatch book and after a bunch of emails and run around decided to just cough up 10$ and order one on ebay.

In regards to white alone I agree the corbin blade or "Erv style" with a few feet of clear gist wrap would be nice. It's really not hard to do. I made up all my blades and while tricky at times to get a clean and even wrap, the gift wrap is cheap. I say if you want then go for it!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

For white blades I like to use the clear polyC blades and use a double wrap of Corbin film and 4 to 6 feet of polyp inside of that. The trans white blade just doesn't really do it for white/silver blades.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php