Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: White Lightsaber Blade

Default White Lightsaber Blade

So, after quite some time trolling, I'm getting down to business with my first lightsaber. One thing that I've been considering is making the blade white... no filters, just stark, unadulterated, white. There's something about a white blade which, at least in theory, appeals to me.

What concerns me, however, is that I could imagine a white blade coming across as... boring, uninteresting, simple. I've seen pictures of various colors (including white) on the forum, but there are (if you will excuse the turn of phrase) somewhat unilluminating.

What I'm look for is subjective experiences and attitudes towards hilts that rock a white blade. Do they lack some essential quality of their colored companions, will they look out of place, or do they serve as solid options for lightsabers? I would very much appreciate thoughts on the matter.

Thanks

I rock out a white blade for my personal "daily driver" saber... I runs a p4 off a Anakin Fx board, and is quite bright... To give it some more "character", Id suggust using a "Erv" style blade... This means, a wrap of corbin film, with the polyp film inside that.. This way if gives a hint of a core, with a relatively even blade... IMO, this solution makes white bladed sabers really pop..

I have a white CREE in a saber, which I on occasion use without a filter. I quite like it.
    I do recommend a corbin wrapped blade, the only blade I have atm is a trans white, and it ends up looking a bit like a flourescent bulb.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

i have a p4 white and have had a k2 white witch was not as nice as the p4. i must agree with Skottsaber on the flourescent bulb ness of a trans white blade. i wish i had some photos of the white leds in the white blades to share but i dont at the moment. i will have a look around my hard drive and see what i can find.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...3&d=1297981454 white k2 special white thick 40in blade
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...9&d=1297981372 same led with a thick clear blade with tcss tube diffuser

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...0&d=1297981393 white p4 special white thick 40in blade
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...2&d=1297981434 same led with a thick clear blade with tcss tube diffuser

i like the look of a white blade but you are going to want color after a while so get some color disc. i think if its the color you want then go for it =)
    Last edited by thejedilestat; 02-17-2011 at 03:43 PM. Reason: found some photos

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

Thanks for the replies.

I guess I'm worried that going white will exacerbate the whole 'fancy flashlight' thing, or somehow fail to capture the lightsaber feel (particularly among non-hobby lightsaber types). In terms of color lenses... I'm not a flip-flopper; once I settle on something, it is settled

I've read all about various blades and diffusers and their various qualities, but I wonder which (if any) of the complete blades sold by TCSS (I'm building this hilt, but I don't think that I'm prepared to tackle a blade) might be best for white (particularly in avoiding the concerns mentioned above)?

Also, thanks for the pictures; very nice.

I'd say a Corbin blade would be best, and are you adding sound btw?
    It could make it less Flashlight-y

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

i have mostly P4 whites and 10W CREE whites. i like to use either a very light blue filter for a silvered effect to them, or a yellow filter for a golden blade. as for the blades themselves, i use some corbin film and poly-pro in most of them now. gives it a hint of the core effect, even ly lit, and the blue concentrates at the edges visibly. (in person at least)
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

I agree that you dont see "white" blades as often as you see the others but rest assured white is incredibly popular and could actually still be among the most popular choice.. I'd say it goes Blue, Red, White, then Green in popularity or by sales because with white+filters you can actually make a pretty decent color mix and its always fun without having to "open er' up" for an led swap(very easy on a graflex chassis... much more difficult on say an mhs cram-fu build).

Plus lets consider that since everyone using the filters or discs over the years could also have white blades I'd say if they all come out and we take a poll... White may still win(at one time it was uber popular). I for one ROCKED white and would do so again(although now I'm going to use it for FoC also even though you dont think you'd ever want to change its color with a filter I have a link where you can get them for FREE!!!!!! (since they are sample packs).... so get some, just incase years from now one holloween you want to be the bad guy .

I NEVER post the link in public although I know there is absolutely NO conflict of interest within tcss (since its a photo/film site). IF you want the link for the FREE Lee swatch book filters or the Roscolux ones(same thing so you can get both mix and match or do whatever you want) ADD me to friends, send me a PM once you can(10 posts/2wks old acct's) and consider it done!!... and YES they are FREE, they are sample packs and its illegal for them to charge for them and NO its not illegal for you to get a sample pack(they are for the general public). I hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It's not a sure thing that you can get a free Lee Filters swatch book anymore, I guess it depends on where you live.

I got one about 4 years ago. Then last year, tried to get another. It took them 2 months to email me back to tell me to go to my nearest distributor to get one.

I'm not sure where you come up with your "statistics" on blade color popularity, Dave. I think green is more popular than you think.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Lee Does not offer free Swatch Books any more. You can go to their website and order them though. They are less than $10 each, I dont remember exactly what i piad for the two i have
    -Sidd-