Thread: "Azalus Rulya" an amplified saber staff.

Lightbulb "Azalus Rulya" an amplified saber staff.

Azalus Rulya

"Azalus Rulya" or "dangerous weapon" when translated from Huttese is a
    double ended saber staff with a 27" hilt and two 30" acrylic show blades I made. It has a really nice grip to it and is pretty well balanced. The battery's weight are off set by a much heavier and smaller ID thread section in the opposing end.

The hilt was made from 40mm id brass pipe, one section of a brass candle holder cut in half which I pressed 1" Id brass tube into for the blade holders and then brazed on the threads and the brass washers you see on the ends.

This build unlike Fullmerge Benzin was a complete custom job with no part escaping my grinder, file, hacksaw or drill

The crystal chamber has a plastic "gem" in it that i drilled and inserted a 3mm led into. Half the slots on the saber are for cooling of the twin transistors..the whole assemble slides in behind the slots I cut out for it which allows the light of the gem and heat of the transistors to exit freely.

It has accent leds in the twin sets of speaker holes and has had holes drilled into the blade holders to act as extra accents. I drilled and tapped the blade holders and added small set screws for the blade retention.

The rear of the saber has a large grilled panel which has twin recharge ports on it and has both battery packs mounted directly beneath for ease of access.

Azalus Rulya has both a hasbro board and a 4w stereo amplifier installed which are both sharing a 3.6v 800mah ni-mh cordless phone battery. the amp runs 2x 1w 8 ohm 30mm mylar speakers in tuned 2.5" long speaker tubes. the amp has a lit slide switch to allow for silent operation.

The royal blue Lux III leds are running @1.7amp respectively with their 4.8v 4 AAA 1100mah battery pack fully charged. The leds and hasbro share a DP3T micro-toggle switch allowing them to be activated together removing the hasbros foc.

the grip is industrial rubber non slip matting for using under tool boxes and things like that. I cut it to size and used Loctite 410 toughened glue to fasten it. All the bare brass was buffed and lacquered.

This entire build uses 32 string rainbow ribbon wire. It wouldn't fit in there with normal wiring I tried. the tiny ribbon wire allowed me to use one length of it for the entire saber, saving me a massive amount of space and allowing me to colour code it all.

Big thanx to Azmaria Dei and everyone in the chat box

PARTS

1x hasbro obi-wan
    1x teac 2wx2 stereo speaker amp
    1x 3.6v battery pack running cards
    1x 4.8v battery pack running leds
    2x 30mm 1w Mylar speakers in 2.5" resonance chambers
    2x tip42c
    2x lux III royal blue's LR3C bin
    3x blue accent led
    1x micro toggle dp3t switch
    1x led lit tactile switch
    2x mono speaker sockets as recharge ports

Glams

better photos of it lit and a video to follow.
    Last edited by vctrsone; 02-15-2011 at 08:31 PM. Reason: tidying up and adding in more info.
    }---------------{
    ]-----------------"Fullmerge Benzin"----------------------------------------:Beware of the dark side:--------------------------------------- "Fierfek"--------------------------------[

Definitely a very cool double!!!
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

thanks bk.
    A solid month of work went into creating this. the emphasis was on it being lit,being loud and you being able to actually use it as a staff, hence all the rubber grip.

In the next few weeks Il be attending the local "fire night" where a bunch of fire performers get together on full moon nights to play with fire. we are going to go along and do some duels and make a few videos it should be a lot of fun.
    }---------------{
    ]-----------------"Fullmerge Benzin"----------------------------------------:Beware of the dark side:--------------------------------------- "Fierfek"--------------------------------[

Cool staff. It's nice to see someone else who appreciates the toggle style switch.

hahaha Ive seen that bad boy.. Happy it finally made it to the great gallery!! GREAT JOB!!!

*cant wait to see your next build, impressive! (plus you know dave luvz da brass anything hehe)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"