Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PNP TIP42 Differences? C & G

Default PNP TIP42 Differences? C & G

Hey Guys!

I'm planning on building my second saber (yeah, haven't even done my first ) with the new 2010 economy soundboard. I found this thread to be very helpful :

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...0-wiring-check

Me being a total noob, I only understand half of it, the part I'm having problems with is the whole PNP Transistor part. There's a link to this one http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062613

That one says TIP42G

Me living in Germany, I had some trouble tracking these down, and I found one on ebay that said TIP 42 C

Is there a difference? What should I look out for?

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post ebay links here, otherwise I'd have shown you what I mean

I hope someone can help me

Stig

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

the TIP42 series in general is about the same - there are just small differences but they all do the same thing in the same power ranges. when you get it measure the output voltage and amperage to calculate the resistor you need for your LED.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Great! Thanks very much! Another thing, I heard the soundboards wouldn't fit into MHS parts. Now that sounds... odd. Is it true?

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

completely false. some of them won't fit into the smaller internal diameter parts, but they all fit in the main parts easily. in fact a few of them almost fit inside of the chokes.

Oh that's just sweet! I was so happy to have found a soundboard with actually good sounds, I liked the idle of the force action saber (yeah go figure) but the single swinging sound just sounded... AARGGH

Awesome and thanks so much! Probably gonna need some help when I build it, but I guess that's gonna be a while until then, since I still have to get and assemble my first saber. But training a little can't be bad right?

Stig

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

have fun and good luck then! ^_^ let us know how everything goes for you too! ^_^

Thanks! BTW: Just out of curiousity, could I use a 4 AAA batt. pack on that sound board without a resistor? Can the board take the 6v? The toy itself runs with 3AAAs right?

Also, are there differences between the Obi-Wan 2010 SB and the Vader one? I'm getting confused again
    Last edited by stig; 02-13-2011 at 06:11 PM.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No, you need a 5V regulator. You can use 6V with the Force action boards only.

No difference, just size. I would go with the obi board. it is thinner and easier to work with.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Okay thanks! But why does it seem neither of the diagrams exept some of the ones on page 1 show that regulator?
    What sort of 5v regulator should I buy if I used an Obi Board, a White P4, the above transistor and a tcss speaker? Can you give me an example that shows all the specs I need to know so I can get it here in Germany

Thanks,

Stig
    Last edited by stig; 02-14-2011 at 03:04 AM.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

the model number for the regulator you need is 7805 no matter the manufacturer.