Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: One question about saber sound

1) The sound board will not put out enough power to run the LED by itself. The PNP transistor takes care of that for you.
    2) You connect all three negative wires together and then run them to the PNP transistor.
    3) It's just a wire on the sound board that you don't use. Cut it off if it's in the way.

This diagram works, and it works well. It's been tried and tested many many times by a number of us on the forums.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

The soundboard cannot run the LED at full power by itself, the transistor lets it do that.
    The 3 negative outputs are wired together to give maximum power to the transistor.
    The Transistor out becomes the LED +, so you don't use the one on the soundboard.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

and does that transistor have any precise parameters?

"The soundboard cannot run the LED at full power by itself, the transistor lets it do that."
    But I donīt need LED to be powered from soundboard. Led will be powered directly from batteries through the resistor.
    Last edited by Jedi-Loreen; 02-15-2011 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malakay View Post
    But I donīt need LED to be powered from soundboard. Led will be powered directly from batteries through the resistor.
    In that case, you are really dealing with 2 circuits, one of which wants a momentary switch (the sound board), while the other wants a latching (the LED). A momentary switch with just a resistor will not keep the LED lit, unless the sound board is in there to help it do so.

To repeat: you can wire either of 2 ways:
    (1) one circuit with one momentary switch that incorporates the sound board and a TIP42 transistor
    (2) two circuits, with 2 different switches

Most people choose the first because they don't want 2 switches (different types) on their hilt. However, if you want to be able to turn on your sound or LED separately, the 2nd approach is nice.
    Last edited by Bothrops; 02-14-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malakay View Post
    "The soundboard cannot run the LED at full power by itself, the transistor lets it do that."
    as both has said you have two seperate circuits to activate. I use a dp3t switch its an on-on-on switch. you use the first on as the off postion the middle as the mom and the last as your led on. as you push past the middle it acts as a momentary on switch. it works very well. In my latest build i have used a dp3t micro toggle switch.

this is the thread about using those switches. http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...flash-on-clash.
    }---------------{
    ]-----------------"Fullmerge Benzin"----------------------------------------:Beware of the dark side:--------------------------------------- "Fierfek"--------------------------------[

I using MJE2955T transistor (Vceo=60V, Ic=10A, hFE=100, Pc=75W) instead of TIP42.
    spec sheet is here.

Quote Originally Posted by RattleHornet View Post
    I using MJE2955T transistor (Vceo=60V, Ic=10A, hFE=100, Pc=75W) instead of TIP42.
    spec sheet is here.
    what is the difference?is it better or what?

ok.I remade it. Is this correct?
    I was thinking about and I decided to make it according to that diagram I found here. Itīs uselessly difficult to have 2 switches.
    arrows represent the voltage flowing through diagram

Quote Originally Posted by RattleHornet View Post
    spec sheet is here.
    what is the difference?is it better or what?

to Jedi-Loreen:
    you can delete first one
    Last edited by Malakay; 02-16-2011 at 01:31 AM.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

When you make 2 posts within minutes of each other, that's Double Posting. Please just go back and edit your first post and add the new information.

I merged your first double posts near the top of this page. Haven't decided if I'm going to merge these last two or not.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Malakay - yes that's exactly the same wiring as the other diagrams.

J-Lo - i would either merge them or do a double merge and merge them with a post further up, but that's just me.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...