Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MR board + Makoto LED ??

Not to derail topic but does anyone know what transistors are used on the MR/fx boards?

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    Not to derail topic but does anyone know what transistors are used on the MR/fx boards?
    Sunrider - depends on the board - the yodas use SMD transistors labeled "I A" and the ventress boards, which i think use the more normal ones, are labeled "K MPS 8050D 927"

Badkitty - what are the specs on the LEDs? MCD rating and view angle and size and brand?

edit:: got the PM! neither of those LEDs have wide enough view angles sadly...
    Last edited by Azmaria Dei; 02-13-2011 at 10:42 PM. Reason: spelling and more info... pecs on LEDs... lol! ^_^
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

how about flat top led ?

Emitting Colour:5MM FLAT TOP BLUE LED
    LENS Type:Water clear
    Color Temperature: ~
    Luminous Intensity-MCD: Typ: 12,000 mcd
    Reverse Voltage:5.0 V
    DC Forward Voltage: Typical:
    DC Forward Current:20mA
    Viewing Angle:140 degree

Thanks Az I think I got a match.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

Badkitty - those sound like they'll work fairly well. might be a bit of a pain to handle at times though. might as well get some and give it a try! ^_^

Sunrider - after all the help you've given me, it's the least i could do. ^_^

ya , looking at the pictures of them ...they look like they'd be easier to stack on top of each other more evenly , due to flat surface. pretty cheap too..i'm gonna try it.

again thanks for the info and help

.. ok so i just ordered 100 5mm flat top led. 6000mcd 180degree angle. will be here in 3days i'll let u know all how they look. the ones i linked above were coming from hong kong.. 2x the price and delivery 3 weeks. lol..so i opted for these and sooner.
    Last edited by Badkitty; 02-14-2011 at 12:08 AM.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

/jealous! everything i order takes at LEAST a week to get here...

Quote Originally Posted by Badkitty View Post
    that was exactly the type of info i was looking for grackle. thank you so much.

what kind of blade do you use ? i have tims trans white 1in thin wall and the led diffuser tube. i was thinking instead of trying to slide the larger led into the foam , since i have the diffuser tube to hide the foam , why not slice the foam down one side and just lay the string in it , then slide that into the tube. In theory it sounds like a good plan.

also i want to get an opinion on some LEDs i'm looking at , but dont want to post a link in here again. can someone pm me to help? thanks
    From my experience with a foam tube with a tear partway down it, any cut or tear in the foam will show up as a bright line in that part of the blade, since the plastic outer tube isn't quite a tight enough fit to smoosh the foam together at the cut. So I'd say it'd be a bad idea to cut the foam open...

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    A 35° viewing angle doesn't sound like enough for this application, though.
    The LEDs Sloth used in his RotJ were these: http://tinyurl.com/slothsleds and have a 30° view angle @ 7200-21000 mcd. So we know that if you're linking 90 of them together, that viewing angle works fine

Quote Originally Posted by Grackle View Post
    From my experience with a foam tube with a tear partway down it, any cut or tear in the foam will show up as a bright line in that part of the blade, since the plastic outer tube isn't quite a tight enough fit to smoosh the foam together at the cut. So I'd say it'd be a bad idea to cut the foam open...
    Would it work to put the LED string in through the slice, then seal the foam tube closed by wrapping it with some clear cellophane packing tape?
    When your lightsabers gutter and die in your hands,
    your blaster packs run dry of charge,
    your words of power dry up in your throat and I am still standing,
    what will you do then?

is there a maximum current the MR board can handle? would it be able handle say 2 led strings? with 2 18650 3.7 Li-ion 3000mah batteries in parallel ? hyst trying to get the aboslute brightest i can ..i only want to make one saber and not redo it again later.

i made a ladder with those LED i ordered...brighter than the MR stock blade , but ya it aint gonna cut it. i want more