Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: MR board + Makoto LED ??

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

the LED drivers on MR boards put out right at about 1000mA @ 3.5V.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

...but

If you have the technical know how, you could change the transistors on the board for more current...

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

i take it that is full output for all 6 led leads combined. so if sloth used 90 led pulling 20ma each , thats 1800mah ,, how is his so bright if the leds arent getting full current? maybe i'm missing something , but thats how i'm seeing it.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Quote Originally Posted by Badkitty View Post
    i take it that is full output for all 6 led leads combined. so if sloth used 90 led pulling 20ma each , thats 1800mah ,, how is his so bright if the leds arent getting full current? maybe i'm missing something , but thats how i'm seeing it.
    i'm still trying to figure that one out myself...
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=27559.0
    This thread on FX has some crazy awesome research going on into string brightness. Being direct drive though, I doubt that the MR board would even begin to handle it. It would be possible to use a transistor system like is used on the cheap Hasbro boards to make each section light up correctly, but this would take a LOT of wiring. You would basically have to replicate the transistor setup six times.

No idea if you want to go that extreme lol.

ya..........alittle overboard. 15mins of on time for 12 batteries. no thanks.

i did a search but found no mention of these type of leds being used....Has anyone tried Flat Top 180 view angle or Straw Hat 120-140view angle LEDs ? I found some greens at 16k mcd , 20ma , 3.2v Just seems to me that having 60-70degrees of light would be better than 15-30 degrees .

if the view angle means that 30degree total spread from the tip , so 15degree out to each side (thinking in 2D on paper) , wouldnt there by more light hitting the blade from each LED with a spread of 60-70degree on each side ?

Yes. If I remember Wilson's post on FX correctly, he was experimenting with the emitter angles and one of the things that was found was that the wider the angle, the more corn on the cob. I could be misremembering that, but the slightly tighter angles diffused off the back of the LED in front of it in the string, loosing some of the corn.

I'm pretty sure that because he had like a million LEDs per inch he didn't have this problem, but for a standard spaced blade, you may. Someone with more experience may prove me wrong here though.

i just tried flattening and drilling some leds like in the link u posted... definately brighter. not too much work either..for 12led it took 5mins to flatten(bench grinder with flap disc) and bit the tip concave with standard 1/8'' bit.. done quickly it was very sloppy and uneven but i can see the theory.

I wonder if drilling the tips slightly of those straw hat leds would refract the light that is going straight into the bottom of the next led , outward towards the blade instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Badkitty View Post
    I wonder if drilling the tips slightly of those straw hat leds would refract the light that is going straight into the bottom of the next led , outward towards the blade instead.
    Sounds like a good idea.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent