Thread: Amber Rebel Vs Amber Lux III Bin 6

Default Amber Rebel Vs Amber Lux III Bin 6

Just in case anyone was wondering.... Here is my comparison between the amber rebel and the lux III bin 6. The rebel is on top running a Anakin Mr board... The lux III is using a 2.2 resistor... Both are using a fresh 4 aaa battery setup... Both are using mid grade "film" style blades... To the naked eye, the rebel appears a tad brighter, but not a huge difference... The rebel does have a bit of a deeper orange hue.... This differences do not show up that much on camera as you can see... I don't have a meter to test the exact ma's... The Anakin board is probably somewhere between 800 to 1100, as they can vary, while the resistor should be pumping out roughly 1400 give or take.... So I would def say the Rebel is a fine replacement, if you are looking for the orange hue that the we got from the lux III's.... And yes, this Rebel was purchased in the store...

They are both using a 4 aaa setup... The saber running the Anakin board is using the battery/speaker combo from the store....

Do you have a 700mA buckpuck laying around... Guarantee you if you put it between the MR board and the Amber Rebel, the rebel will get brighter (the warm color rebels do not react well to > than 700mA.)

I've never really dealt with buckpucks to be honest, so I don't have any readily available... To be honest, Im happy with the outcome, and the way it looks.... Thanks for the suggestion though... Maybe a thing to look at in the future...