Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My first crystal chamber saber

Default My first crystal chamber saber

Hi everyone. This is my first post on here since joining. This is my second custom saber, but my first crystal chamber. I would like any and all feedback from everyone on here. This is a fantastic site.

Here is what I used in my creation: 2 green P4's, the 2 different illuminated green latching switches, a real quartz crystal, a MR mace board, and a custom cut MHS sleeve 1(Thanks Tim, it came out great!). I did all the paint and clear coat by brush. The hilt ended up being just over 17", and I used a 32" TCSS battle blade. I am proud of this creation and can't wait to hear what you guys think. Thanks for all the help and all the great posts.
    ccs 1.jpgccs 3.jpgccs 5.jpgccs 6.jpgccs 7.jpgAttachment 4846Attachment 4847

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I wouldn't have used a high powered LED like that for your crystal chamber. It's so bright, you can't even tell it's supposed to be a crystal chamber.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

very nice post...love the painted accent..and that green is bright. Cant wait to see the next one.
    "Parents dont let your babies grow up to be jedi" Darth Hass-supersith

I thought about that when it was all together and working. I will remember that one for the next one I build. Thanks for the feed back.

I like a bright chamber but that is too bright. I would turn it down some. Do you have a pic of the chamber off so we can see what it looks like?

17 inches is too long imo but I do like the upper portion. Try to get better pics they are blown out. Use more ambient light.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

you need to take some better pictures first off. use better lighting and brace your camera. as for the saber, what little i can see of it looks good. it looks insanely long and the crystal chamber is way too bright, but that's been mentioned. it's almost long enough for a short double ended saber - just move that other P4 to the pommel area, add another BH and put a few accent LEDs in the crystal chamber.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

I hope these show the details better. I am not sure how to get a better picture of the clear quartz crystal. Any suggestions?
    ccs 10.jpgccs 8.jpgccs 12.jpgccs 9.jpg

For the picture, id either go to
    a room where there's no direct light shining on it,
    or take a picture with a light behind it.

As for the saber, it looks pretty awesome, and i do like bright crystals,
    but with that length as well, i think you might be better of turning
    that crystal LED around and sticking an actual blade on the other end

But yeah, lookin' good there.

mTm

Official Owner of Skottsaber at Bowling

I like the style of this, but it is too long for me personally. I, as others have saidd would use a smaller led for the crystal. A 5mm one would work, or a couple if you would prefer. Do you have two heatsinks in there? It just seems like alot of space would be taken up by another higher power led.

Good job!
    Formerly known as Polarcupz

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

I actually have 3 heatsinks in the saber. I used 2 for the P4's and modified a lense holder to fit the wide end of the crystal and mounted it to another so the crystal could be held in place. I agree with everyone that it is a bit long, but could not get the wiring and board to fit by making the saber shorter. I also agree that the crystal chamber is a bit bright, so I pulled the lense and put a couple of thin coats of paint on it. It seems to have dulled it out some nicely. I will post some more pics later. Thanks for all your suggestions and thoughts.