Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My first crystal chamber saber

Ok, I found my good digital camera and I think the pics look better. Painting the lense seems to have given the crystal chamber a much better look. Let me know what you think.
    2011_0213Image0003.jpg2011_0213Image0002.jpg2011_0213Image0001.jpg

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love the color scheme. I never would have thought that green on MHS parts would look that nice.

I do however, think the saber is Waaaay to long for my personal tastes.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Good effort. Not a fan of the color scheme personally, don't mind the length so much. I agree the 3w led is overkill, a 1w would have been fine. You'd have needed a couple of small leds to get a good level of brightness. Toss up, to bright or too dim....I'd go for too bright.

What you should have done is taken pics of the chamber internals and sound batt setup etc then we could have advised on where you could save sapce and reduce that hilt size.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

I will remember that for the next one I build. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cardcollector View Post
    I love the color scheme. I never would have thought that green on MHS parts would look that nice.

I do however, think the saber is Waaaay to long for my personal tastes.
    I agree with Cardcollector on this one - and WAY bright crystal chamber. But looks good over all! Keep up the good work!
    Yub Yub Commander.

Personally, I think this thing is a beast as-is. I wouldn't shorten the hilt, just get a monster-long blade and turn this thing into a Zwei-Hander/Claymore! Over-Kill is so under-rated. You've got yourself a perfect bounty hunter there.
    All the spaces in between, in the flow of dreams and energy, the scars in the force ... I am at the heart of the void....