Thread: First Elecrtonic hilt building thread from a noob

Default First Elecrtonic hilt building thread from a noob

Hey folks, after having been here in the forum for a while I want to open my first thread as I have some questions.

I bought several stuff from the shop and a 2010 Vader Toy Saber. Now I want to electrify my sword with the stuff from the toy. At first it is important for you to know, that my sword won't get a blade. It is only for wearing it on my costume in the moment, so it should have sound and light. For the first time I don't want to exchange the original LEDs, as I don't know anything about LEDs and I guess for my use the original red Vader ones are ok. So now we are coming to my unqualified noob questions... I have bought a switch from the shop, can I just cut the original switch out of the circuit and add the new one? As I didn't find a usefull battery-holder for a sword-hilt I want to use the original one from the sword trimmed down with the dremel, but how do I fix the whole stuff inside the hilt without the stuff hanging arround loose? The LED will be placed right behind the blade holder, the speaker in the pommel and the mainboard over the switch. I thought maybe it is possible to build a tube, where alll parts are fixed on maybe with the original holders from the vader sword glued into it (for this reason I kept the original blade from the Vader-toy. Maybe you have some ideas. I guess placing the platinas on the rear metal hilt won't be a good idea...
    Last edited by Tuffskull; 02-12-2011 at 09:38 AM.