Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jay-gon Jinn's Chrome Saber 35 (Cs-35)

Default Jay-gon Jinn's Chrome Saber 35 (Cs-35)

I built this one to try out TCSS' new sleeve material. It's based of my usual design that uses a 5" extension, a ribbed extension, and one of the flanged-type emitters. I tried pout something new for me on this one as well....I cut grooves in the sleeve to create a rear grip instead of using the tubing cutter to score some fake grips on it. I think they turned out pretty good, even though one of them has a nick in it where the cutter got away from me a bit. I had it custom powder coated by a friend of mine, that also wet-sanded and polished the sleeve, emitter, and pommel.

It came back looking too good for the original soundboard I had planned to use in it, an ultrasound 2.5, so I gutted CS-X for it's Petit Crouton, and installed that one instead! This saber is powered by a single 18650 Li-ion rechargeable battery, features a green ring illuminated av switch, a recharge port,and even has an illuminated crystal chamber in the pommel. Here is my 35th Chrome Saber, CS-35:

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Jay Gon, that is awesome. Your cuts for the back grip are super clean. Great saber man.

Thanks, but it looks like I missed a picture when I posted that...there was one slip during the cutting of the rear grips that resulted in this:

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Nice! Very nice! I'm glad to see you use MHS sleeve. In most cases I find it looks better then chrome. Nice work on the ribbed section windows. Very clean and smooth. The odd time I've had the dremel jump on me I was lucky to be able to get away with cutting the mistake out. I didn't know you could use a single li ion for PC boards.

Another beautiful saber Jay-Gon! Personally, I'd be thrilled if the only mistake I made on one of my sabers was a tiny slip of the dremel. I really love the way the PC looks underneath the overlay.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The PC on the saber is very nice, and so are the cutouts.

I would've liked to have seen something on the other side of the saber. It looks a little bland on the smooth side IMO.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Looks awesome Jay-gon! I really like that color of PC, looks good, and of course all polished to a high sheen.
    Yub Yub Commander.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

the backside is rather plain, but it still looks awesome. if i ever need something chromed i'm sending it to you.

/mails you a car to chrome. ^_^
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    the backside is rather plain, but it still looks awesome. if i ever need something chromed i'm sending it to you.

/mails you a car to chrome. ^_^
    You do realize there's no chrome on it thought right...it's polished aluminum.....maybe this should be labled AS-1 instead of CS-35

Beautiful work as always Jay-gon.
    The polishing and PC came together wonderfully.
    I am also in the mind that the bottom maybe needed a little something, never the less, it's still a beauty.