Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Master Jevaho's Ahsoka PVC hilt

Default Master Jevaho's Ahsoka PVC hilt

I was inspired to start this project when I saw some PVC pipes lying aroundat my work. And after reading Qui-gon Jinns' PVC topic, I went to work.
    For now the heavy bodywork is done, but I don't know a lot about electronics so that's the next step.
    I'm building this saber as an exercise really. To hone my skills with a dremel and to learn how to wire electronics and LEDs.

Here's what I got so far:

I'm using a PVC tube and an aluminum pipe as inner body. The pommel I made out of a PVC endpiece and a cast from an obi wan saber I have.

After talking to Ki-Djowac and brainstorming a bit, I made a bit of a progress these past few days.

We worked out a basic set up electronics-wise. I'm a newbe so this will be an exiting project for me.

This is the WIP right before painting the outer shroud (pics of painting soon)

Another update:

I've spray painted the outer shell silver and the details black. Later on, when I've figured out all of the electronic set up, I'll spraypaint the inner tube black with silver details.

I installed the electronics in this piece last weekend. I never soldered or did any electronics in my life, so I'm very proud of what I achieved today:

- I installed the Luxeon 3 watt Green LED
    - I installed the soundboard PCB that was recovered out of an Anakin 2010 hasbro econo saber
    - I installed the switch and the speaker (recoverd from a MR fx saber)
    - I built a dummy battery out of wood and aluminium tape for the 4th battery space (no pics of that sorry)

All this after I received some advice on the matter from Ki-Djowac, thanks a lot for that buddy! I could not have done it without your help.

The pics:

1) The Electronics:

2) The Good:

3) The Bad:

As you can see in the last picture: I messed up my hilt by accidentally touching the PVC part with my soldering iron... A real shame but I think I'll be able to fix it.
    So as you can see, it's almost done. Just need to fix some details and then I'll try and make a little movie of it.

This is my first saber build EVER, and it was meant as an economical trial before I step into the larger world of expensive soundboards and parts.

Nice, pretty sweet for your first build, the outer shell looks very well cut, and paint is even on the pvc tube, very nice.

That's one of the best Ahsoka replicas I've ever seen. The shroud is cut smooth, the overall saber really looks like you've really put some hard work into it.
    Excellent work, especially on your very first build!
    Personally, I think that that soldering iron-touched-part isn't really that bad, gives the saber some personality.

Now all we have to figure out is where do these guys with so good first sabers come from...

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalema View Post
    That's one of the best Ahsoka replicas I've ever seen. The shroud is cut smooth, the overall saber really looks like you've really put some hard work into it.
    Excellent work, especially on your very first build!
    Personally, I think that that soldering iron-touched-part isn't really that bad, gives the saber some personality.

Now all we have to figure out is where do these guys with so good first sabers come from...
    Belgium! To answer your question

And the misshab with the soldering iron has been fixed. I'll take some updated pics soon.

To fix, give it some sanding then repaint
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"

Good Job - very impressive Ahsoka, wouldn't even know its PVC - looking at the end product.
    Yub Yub Commander.

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

Woow... Nice first saber! You have a real talent at this! Great job! You'll fit in well here

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gotta say, I think I would prefer this to whatever hasbro comes out with inthe future.

Oh, and Darth midian, you better watch your back!
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Thanks guys. I repainted the damaged parts yesterday, when the paint cures, I'll update this topic with some new pictures.

I've taken a little break recently, but the idea of your cast replica of the pommel piece has me interested - could you do a step by step on how you cast the piece? I'm very into those styles of pommels and would like to see how one might be made.

I'd gladly pay you 1000 interwebs for this information, and thank you in advance

Seth