Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Adding sound to Ultra-sabers Prophecy RGB Hilt

Default Adding sound to Ultra-sabers Prophecy RGB Hilt

A bit of excitement, first, I just got my hands on my first RGB saber; the Ultra-Sabers prophecy. Over-all, their sabers have been pretty hit-or-miss experience for me ... ordered a few of their grab bag sabers when they were on sale for $30 each, trying to get some of my buds into this hobby of ours ... but I guess my saber obsession just isn't as wide-spread as I thought (which is odd considering the most likely suspect [or so I thought] already has quite a few MR/Hasbro sabers hanging around his place). Seems like these direct-drive grab bags were made with some of the cheapest switches and quick-fix wiring available ... and another quick-ship PVC Lux(green) saber came apart after the first attempt at quick dueling with my youngest brother ... wiring came undone and I'm still working at trying to repair that guy.... But since then, these guys (it seems) have dropped the PVC hilts entirely from the website and really stepped up their game. I haven't dueled with this prophecy RGB, but it is by far a huge upgrade in quality. I've already switched out the pommel with an MHS pommel already (Love you, TCSS!) for more room and a unique look. Also did some paintwork on this guy to give it a gritty, well-used look.

Over-all, I am madly in love. I come home from work every night and assault my living room with a barrage of rainbow carnage!

Now, I have been looking all over the place for the absolute smallest sound board that I can actually afford to get my hands on, I've been cruising eBay for Power of the Force Hasbro's from the 90's and regularly scanning Wal-Mart.com to see what's available to start canabalizing, and I have an '05 MR Vader board that I've been dying to get going, but I just don't think that there's enough room to fit that monster truck in there....

I'm still toying with my breadboard to try and come up with a complete re-wiring to fit the Vader board and a crystal chamber into a totally different single-colour build, possibly even stripping down the simplest Hasbro I can find and mounting it onto a whole new, mini-PC board in layers for a compact solution ... but holy cow I don't think I'm quite THAT desperate yet.

I just wanted to give you guys an idea of what I'm doing and see if anyone here is possibly embarking on a similar customization job of the same hilt, and to kind of touch base with everyone here again ... I need to learn to try and talk more and lurk less, but there's just so much info here to take in and I always feel like I'm always still a few months behind everyone here! ^_^''

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

smallest boards i've seen are the 2010 econo boards - the obi is the narrowest and the rest aren't much bigger than a quarter.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Aye, I was looking at those guys in the "http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ew-saber-sound" thread, wish I knew where to get my hands on those locally, but bleh ... living in Wyoming certainly has a lot of down-sides. Especially when winters hit and it isn't safe to even think of getting into your car and going to work .... =\

You can also use an MR Yoda.

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

Do you happen to have the dimensions of the MR Yoda card, by chance? I've never actually taken one of those guys apart, but I've kinda been wanting to get one from eBay to junk and scavange.... They are, by far, the cheapest fetching price right now....

Also, I am curious about the difference in sound ... comparing my Vader to an Anakin/Obi, the sounds were a bit different. I assume MR has stuck with a set sound for Jedi and a set sound for Sith, but I haven't actually seen a Yoda in-person yet.
    All the spaces in between, in the flow of dreams and energy, the scars in the force ... I am at the heart of the void....

Thinking rather than try to add sound just yet, I'm going to tinker around with running a crystal chamber from the hilt with some LED's to add some color out of the bottom of the hilt ... maybe mount the chamber with some RC car antennas so that it has a "sliding" effect! Sound will come later!!
    Last edited by Cancer; 02-07-2011 at 12:50 AM.
    All the spaces in between, in the flow of dreams and energy, the scars in the force ... I am at the heart of the void....

The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to add sound to this sucker ... and so far I don't think anyone has tackled this feat yet! I'm going to attempt to mount my MR Vader card into this saber, which will (at the very least) require whole new switches. I'm going to request a wiring diagram directly from UltraSabers and see if, maybe, I can actually get this done.

Adding sound to a Prophecy has been done before. One smith did a remarkable Cram-Fu job on one in particular. Others have been done as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He_BtzPEKck

I would recommend doing what Caine said and use an MR Yoda board. Yes, there are two different MR fonts. One for Jedi and one for Sith. The Yoda board dimensions can be found by using the search function. I doubt that Ultrasabers will give you a wiring diagram of some kind, but I could be wrong. Good luck!
    -Takanis-
    Simpi-Gon Sims (FX-Sabers Forums)

I'd not be so naive as to believe that I'm the first, however the RGB hilt is slightly different than the standard (as shown in that video) with three buttons already crammed into the case instead of just the single button =)

I was merely attempting to exaggerate (please forgive me, for I do this quite a bit sometimes...) the lack of information actually surrounding the "RGB" variant for this saber. As for the wiring diagram, I'm probably just going to take Fog's advice and just annihilate the buttons and yank the wiring out. Diagrams are so much more confusing than actually looking at what I'm working with :P

<3

Try searching for things like "RGBW". Using "RGB" is too short of a term for the search function. Are you wanting to retain the 3 individual switches/selectors or are you wanting to mix the colors for your final product?
    -Takanis-
    Simpi-Gon Sims (FX-Sabers Forums)