Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Galen Marek sink-tube Starkiller

It's really starting to come together, Ghost! Keep it up!

thx man i'm starting to get more and more excited as it takes shape.
    with the grip section essentially finished i feel like i actually have something now.
    The Dark Side is all I have...

quick update.
    i found a few minutes to do the bunny ears and control box.
    still considering putting a plate onto the control box, but i do like how it looks now too though.
    the hardest part is yet to come. the crystal chamber. i don't want it too simple, so i'm trying to give it some major thought.

here's a couple pics of how it looks so far next to my MR LE anakin ROTS.
    i scrapped the previous PVC i had for a thicker gauge.
    now my screws are tapped and held in really well.

photo 4.jpg
    photo 1.jpg

Well done! Not a fan of the grips of the starkiller saber (in general, not yours)... but the upper part is awesome, and you're giving it justice! I await the next progress pics...

Remember, your LED will ALWAYS look brighter in pics and vids... If you're not playing with it at night, it's not gonna impress you...

thx i really appreciate the vote of confidence.

i can't say i haven't been a bit disheartened in how awesome these MHS versions of starkillers are coming out.
    just have to keep reminding myself that this strictly sink-tube/PVC from scratch.

at least with Galen Marek's saber being weathered/worn/abused i don't have to worry about tiny imperfections as much. they're actually adding more character to the saber.

What did you use for a template for the emitter shroud? I have been trying to find dimentions of the Starkiller saber for a while now, but no luck.