Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LEDengin 10W questions

Question LEDengin 10W questions

First, let me say that I hope it is ok to post this here since Tim doesn't sell LEDengin LEDs in the store. Now to the questions. I am thinking of using a solid color 10W LED in my next build, and possibly replacing the P4 in my current build with one as well. The questions I have are 1)Which particular model(s) would be the best to use for either green or blue, and 2) can these LEDs be used with the 2010 econo soundboards and a buckpuck? I'm just wondering how difficult the wiring will be and what I will have to change in my current setup. I will also be using a FoC board from a source that I won't name here just so I don't get anyone into trouble. Thanks!

It depends how you want to wire these up, how many of the dies you intend to use, as well as series or parallel... But yes, it could work with the 2010 econo and a buckpuck. You'd have to use a voltage regulator most likely though.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was thinking of having 2 or 3 of the dies wired together for the main blade light and the other(s) wouold be used for the FoC effect.

Yes, with a new add-on board that a member here (I won't say who here because of the rules about discussing other sellers) has developed.

Okay, be aware, if you wire these in parallel, each die will require a 700mA or 1000mA buckpuck. If you wire it in series, you'll require more voltage.

You're gonna need a voltage regulator for the 2010 board for the series method. (Battery life would last longer in series).

You will also need 2 x 18650s to power a 10w.

So, I should wire the dice that are going to be used for the main blade light source in series with the FoC LED(s) in parallel with that? And could I use 4 of the 14500's or does it have to be 2 18650's? And if I wire them in series I won't need more than one Buckpuck?

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    You will also need 2 x 18650s to power a 10w.
    or a single high output 18650. i have a normal one putting out 3.3A continuous too, so you never know...
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...