Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: An FX Lightsaber for $35... Well kind of...

Blog Entries

Default An FX Lightsaber for $35... Well kind of...

Just thought I would share this with everyone. I look forward to seeing if the sounds of these are any better than the cheap obi boards.

http://www.starwars.com/vault/collec...toy/index.html

Interesting...
    "progressive light up blade" sounds like it might be an LED string??? Not very kid-friendly....
    The blade at least looks A LOT better than the cheapo things they've had in the past.

I'm going to guess it's like the newer 2010-2011 Hasbro electronic lightsaber with a better blade. Wouldn't count on the LED string. Maybe it will have different ignition and shutdown where it will light up 1 LED first, then 2, then all three to make the blade seem like it's getting brighter??

Just guessing..
    -C
    LOCKHEED

I can't imagine that at that price it would have a string as the 2010 w/dvd sabers are like 15 dollars or so less i wonder what sound boards would be in it.

Who knows? Hopefully it will be a good source for new economy sound boards. And perhaps they will have new sound fonts, like Luke ROTJ! That would be cool with me!
    Follow Your Bliss

very cool I hope its just ramping the led voltage up and down and thers no string led!
    }---------------{
    ]-----------------"Fullmerge Benzin"----------------------------------------:Beware of the dark side:--------------------------------------- "Fierfek"--------------------------------[

Well even if its lighting FX arent good if it sounds good it could still fill a 'niche' in the hobby, in concert with a puck or driver for lighting...esp once its been around awhile and gets 'discounted'...I wonder if the Ani And Vader versions will have separate Jedi and Sith sounds eh?

Very interesting find... once they are cheap I could see testing one of these.. thing is at $35-40.. your pretty much looking at the cost of MR/Hfx boards.. so this board better be good as in well placed sensors and a decent clash.. no flickering.. handle voltages well(some boards are sensitive.. even the 616 was funky).. at $20 Id buy a tester... at $35 I wont touch it(vs comparable priced boards) especially if you have to mod it with tip42's and new sensors.. that extra cost and effort makes it cost more than its worth(do the math, you'll see).

Keep up the good work, Great Find!! (I'm sure I'll use one eventually in late '12.. when they hit the $20 black friday/holiday sales)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Based off of that video the soundboard sounds the same as the ones out right now.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

seems cool at fraction of the price of the sig series......soundboard sounds the same as the ones out rgt now ..have to concur with CC on that