Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: The TCSS Saberbuilding Contest - 2011

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dbluephoenix View Post
    Sorry, didn't mean to offend. I'm just electronically inexperienced. Of course, I'd like to make it fully functional, I was just wondering if it would be held against me if I failed with the guts.
    Nothing will be held against "you" the person. However, it will be held against the saber built and "you" as a builder. These are two totally different things.
    Well wired and routed electronics is a crucial part to a well done saber. It will be judged accordingly by each person as he (or she) chooses.

There are so many topics, threads, and pics devoted to wiring and chasis setups. I would encourage you to use this contest as an opportunity to increase you skill in wiring. Take extra time to plan out where your wires go, spend some time mastering soldering skills, and then submit a saber where you have done the best you can, with what you have, where you are in your skills.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Thanks. I forgot about creating a chasis, and reminding me of it may have just solved one of my problems. Thank you very much. TO THE DRAWING BOARD!!!

Well I am certainly looking forward to this, I already have some ideas floating around. Good luck to all, too bad we can't see WIP's and get all giddy

Would it be acceptable to have a saber in the MHS category with some "homemade" parts? I.E. stuff I actually make myself with simple tools not like a bulk made custom part
    -Sidd-

...custom parts are custom parts.
    If its not fully MHS it goes in the custom category.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

OK

Since you dont have to submit for a specific catergory I will just build the best saber I have and let the judges sort it out
    -Sidd-

On page 1 it does say you must state what category you are submitting it for.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    On page 1 it does say you must state what category you are submitting it for.
    Actually I read and reread that first post and I dont see that
    -Sidd-

it is a bit unclear, but your email to LM has to say what part of the contest you are submitting. He says:
    Title your emails in this format:
    TCSS MHS/CUSTOM BUILD CONTEST - YOUR USERNAME

Example:
    Superawesomejedi built a saber for the MHS part of the contest. The email title would look like this: TCSS MHS BUILD CONTEST - SUPERAWESOMEJEDI

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    ...custom parts are custom parts.
    If its not fully MHS it goes in the custom category.
    That's not entirely true. I believe nearly all of last year's MHS entrants used something that could be considered a custom part. The rules clearly state that only the body has to be MHS based. Shrouds, switches, LEDs, chassis, pommel inserts, custom grips, powder coating, etc. are all acceptable.