Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The TCSS Saberbuilding Contest - 2011

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Default The TCSS Saberbuilding Contest - 2011

We are having a saber building contest here on the forums. There are two categories: MHS and Custom

MHS Saber - This saber has to be MHS based. Shrouds and custom PC are allowed, but the basic hilt has to be made from MHS. No complete custom parts like Acerocket's Obi TPM pommels are allowed. Modifying store parts (or having them modded for you by Tim) is allowed though.

Custom Saber - Anything goes here. No MHS parts are necessary, but they do make life easier when making a saber.

No previously made sabers are allowed in the contest. You have to build it specifically for it. For example, I couldn't submit Spectra, as it has been done for a few months now.

Only ONE SABER per person is allowed! Build the best saber you can and submit it. All members are allowed to enter, including Council members and professional sabersmiths.

Your saber must be functioning for this contest. No renders are allowed, and no empty hilts that have no electronics are acceptable either.

When you have your saber done, send a maximum of FIVE 'finished' shots and a wiring shot or two (optional, but recommended) to ME. No videos for the contest, to keep members anonymous. My email is available in my profile.

Title your emails in this format:
    TCSS MHS/CUSTOM BUILD CONTEST - YOUR USERNAME

Example:
    Superawesomejedi built a saber for the MHS part of the contest. The email title would look like this: TCSS MHS BUILD CONTEST - SUPERAWESOMEJEDI

Inside the email, please put your username, real name, saber name, saber specs, and the pictures you want posted.

Example:
    Username: Superawesomejedi
    Saber name: Spectra
    Specs:
    CFV4.1
    LED Engin RGGB
    Premium speaker
    Momentary switch

<picture1>
    <picture2>
    <picture3>
    <picture4>
    <picture5>
    <Wiring picture1>
    <Wiring picture2 >

I will save and re-host all the pictures myself so that your name stays confidential. The polls will be anonymous, so that people don't vote for their favorite member. Please keep your sabers to yourselves as well, don't show them off until the contest is over.

You have until May 20th to build a saber for the contest. Voting will be held shortly after.

Prizes - To be determined.

That's about it. Have fun with the contest! I look forward to seeing what you all come up with. And remember, send your saber pics to me, do not post them.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Awesome! The two category descriptions leave some grey area though. For instance some custom work/mods not done by TCSS that would otherwise put a saber in the MHS section. I believe last year there was some interpretation by yourself and other council regarding which entries would fit into which category and there were several non TCSS modified parts in the MHS section. I would hate to see a nice saber get denied due to misinterpreting the rules.

Also, could we get even amounts of sabers per vote page this year? and then a 2nd round of votes to determine the winner? I think some people might have voted in both MHS sections last year (naughty people).

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

just to clear up or confirm... it has to remain 100% secret until voting is over and we have to start ALL work on it after contest announcement?
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

100% no sabers which have been previously shown, in part or by graphic design.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

I think the idea is we shouldnt know who built what so that we vote on the merits of the sabers themselves not on our feelings about the people who built them.

Glad to see this is happening again...good luck to all contestants, this time I hope to be one.

Quote Originally Posted by Onli-Won Kanomi View Post
    I think the idea is we shouldnt know who built what so that we vote on the merits of the sabers themselves not on our feelings about the people who built them.

Glad to see this is happening again...good luck to all contestants, this time I hope to be one.
    Oh yeah! An excuse to build another saber.
    Formerly known as Polarcupz

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

Nice!
    Time now i think to get off my duff and build something. :P

Sweet. Contest number two to enter. I love all the new sabers to behold at the end. It's gunn a be great.

Do I get a prize for suggestion the contest?
    -Sidd-