Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The TCSS Saberbuilding Contest - 2011

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sidd View Post
    Do I get a prize for suggestion the contest?
    Do pigs fly?
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by cardcollector View Post
    Do pigs fly?
    with the proper amount of explosives applied anything is possible
    -Sidd-

Quote Originally Posted by Sidd View Post
    with the proper amount of explosives applied anything is possible
    I think Sidd just asked us to apply explosives to him...
    Anyway, is there any chance you could raise the limit on the number of photos contestants can submit? I feel 5 is a bit restrictive, and even just one more photo would allow us to really highlight the details on each of our sabers.

You could always whip out some photoshop skills and create some side by side shots?
    -Sidd-

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TimeRender View Post
    Anyway, is there any chance you could raise the limit on the number of photos contestants can submit? I feel 5 is a bit restrictive, and even just one more photo would allow us to really highlight the details on each of our sabers.
    This I do agree with... I can think of a perfect six shots...
    1. Emitter area
    2. Pommel area
    3. Hilt "Side" 1 (180 degrees)
    4. Hilt "side" 2 (180 degrees)
    5. Special features incorperated into hilt
    6. Blade shot

But... Just 1 more photo for 20 contestants= 20 more photos in a thread with 100 photos already.. And that is a lot of bandwidth for a complimentary competition..

It is up to the person submitting the saber to decide what pics are best portraying their saber, with what they have to work with. Them be the rules. I never entered the last one, and did a saber up for it but decided not to for my own reasons, but of the 5 pics, 3 were internal/partial internal pics.

As for the list, 1 and 3, as well as 2 and 4, are easily encorporated together, and 6 really isnt a contender, unless you plan on submitting a lightsaber completely built inside of a polycarb blade. However if you meant a pic with the blade in and lit, I would say that it could be easily accomplished in one of the other pics as well.

Remember, its not just the details in the saber that will make it a contender.. Its how you sell it!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alcfalath View Post
    But... Just 1 more photo for 20 contestants= 20 more photos in a thread with 100 photos already.. And that is a lot of bandwidth for a complimentary competition..

It is up to the person submitting the saber to decide what pics are best portraying their saber, with what they have to work with. Them be the rules. I never entered the last one, and did a saber up for it but decided not to for my own reasons, but of the 5 pics, 3 were internal/partial internal pics.

As for the list, 1 and 3, as well as 2 and 4, are easily encorporated together, and 6 really isnt a contender, unless you plan on submitting a lightsaber completely built inside of a polycarb blade. However if you meant a pic with the blade in and lit, I would say that it could be easily accomplished in one of the other pics as well.

Remember, its not just the details in the saber that will make it a contender.. Its how you sell it!
    That is quite true Alc. I stand corrected.

Aside from which, Chaos, last years MHS winner was very clever with the photos he submitted. The main was comprised of a large shot and two smaller ones on each corner and 5 others all with an additional photo in the corner. That's is more than enough shots for me.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

No prize Sidd....I believe DJ got the ball rolling last year and several of us have been anticipating this as an annual thing. Wait Sidd you entered last year!

Yes I did enter last year, and might again this year only time will tell
    -Sidd-