Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Jolt-proofing batteries. I needz it!

I tried using a spring battery pack setup and in the end I had to pull it out and make my own pack. It was killing power to the board on swings and hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    So, it CAN be done... but a lot of logistics/consideration has to come into play.
    Not to be contentious, but a strip of velcro is about as easy as it gets, and can be adjusted to make for a nice snug fit into any hilt diameter. It solves not only the battery popping but also any rattle, knock or sliding.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Not to be contentious, but a strip of velcro is about as easy as it gets, and can be adjusted to make for a nice snug fit into any hilt diameter. It solves not only the battery popping but also any rattle, knock or sliding.
    unless your name happens to be the same as one of those that actually practices martial arts with your saber - i.e. Novastar or Caine. in that case, you're still going to get occasional slips as you do your thrusts, parries, and grippes.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

I'm pretty rough on mine, as I'm sparring with guys that practice kendo. Velcro just ain't gonna cut it for these purposes.
    "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward." - The White Queen - Through the Looking Glass
    "Wherever there are three people, there must be one that can be my teacher." - Confucius - Analects (7:22)
    "Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light." - John Milton - Paradise Lost
    "People that litter their online signatures with literary quotes are just pointlessly pretentious." - Me

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

adding your name to the list... ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    adding your name to the list... ^_^
    Ha ha ha! I don't. They do. I haven't practiced any martial arts in years.
    "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward." - The White Queen - Through the Looking Glass
    "Wherever there are three people, there must be one that can be my teacher." - Confucius - Analects (7:22)
    "Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light." - John Milton - Paradise Lost
    "People that litter their online signatures with literary quotes are just pointlessly pretentious." - Me

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Doc B View Post
    Ha ha ha! I don't. They do. I haven't practiced any martial arts in years.
    too late. you're already on that list. and i should probably be on that list too with all the past life regression i've done. i haven't studied any martial arts in this life but a lot of it is still very familiar to me from past lives. i'm sure you can provide some psychology analysis on that better than i can. ^_^

Nah. I leave that to metaphysicists. Science is based on observable fact, and I can't observe past lives one way or the other. What I can observe, however, is that my batteries are jostling a little bit less with a thorough wrapping of electrical tape. Just a little bit, though. They still jostle.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

then pack some tiny washers into the springs to remove a bit more?

Interesting thought. I'll try it.