Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hasbro ROTS Anakin REMOVABLE BLADE conversion

The changes are very minor, as ALL the actual cut outs do infact line up(100% perfectly, as usual they need to be sanded but thats always how the BH is).. the screw in the front which is replaced by the tcss blade retention screw is slightly off but its nothing(I just well out the hilt to a very slight oval and your good).. in the back what used to be a decorative thing is now the removable blade factory blade retention screw (which actually slots into the problem screw thats mysteriously moved in the front.. so you see why) but also this is nothing.. just drill out for the little screws that orginally mounted the "washer piece" to the plastic BH, cut the factory retention screw up to the threads.. screw it in.. poof its done if any change was needed its only those holes for the washer in the back side.. you cant move the hole in the front its off center and the tcss thumb screw covers the oval 99.997% so I dont feel its bad to alter the hilt ever so slightly... I hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"

Can we get pictures of the needed changes?

CardCollector is working on the tut right now, its not benificial to the community for multiple people to work on the same problems so generally once some one says they are doing it.. you just wait(and especially from guys who you know will do the project).. but if you have the removable blade saber in hand(as well as the tcss Ani kit) then you can see exactly where the 2 new holes need to be... as for the sanding its been talked about many many times.. basically the stock MR/Hfx hilts are something like 1.350-1.355(<-do not quote me) the variation is within the tube itself and is not controllable by MR or Hasbro (and the actual truth is ALL stock tube/rod has a similar variance +/- .005").. so if Tim makes the BH to small it wont fit the larger ones... it will simply slide through the other end(along with his profits and efforts/time spent+shipping) on the part itself which... you'd return(rightfuly so).. sooo you make the part to fit the larger ones and everyone else has to sand it out to fit(which is perfect because its a very TRUE solid feeling fit.. and if you cant put the time in to sand .005... your in real trouble on this site (LOL).. anyway its comming I promise CardCollector is good(plus you know he's got support . I hope this helps

EDIT!: fixed
    Last edited by dgdve; 02-06-2011 at 06:29 AM.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by dgdve View Post
    .. sooo you make the part to fit the smaller ones and everyone else has to sand it out to fit(which is perfect because its a very TRUE solid feeling fit.. and if you cant put the time in to sand .005... your in real trouble on this site (LOL).. anyway its comming I promise CardCollector is good(plus you know he's got support . I hope this helps
    Um, I think you mean larger ones?
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Um, I think you mean larger ones?
    Mhmm, mhmm exactly what she said, but its easy and quick to do no matter what and I actually prefer it(<-the BH) to fit nice and snug(not tight.. just in there solid).