Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Darth Nihl and Darth Talon Saber

Very nice, definitely something different, I like it. Might have to try something similar one day. The mold work and paint job set it off. Well done.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Dude, that looks amazing, & is absolutly brilliant that you made two sabers in one. The sculpting & painting you did is great. You beat me to it. I started construction on a pvc version of a Darth Nihl saber. I wanted to make the pommel first before I moved forward with the build. I made the pommel last weekend, now I just have to design the rest of the hilt. Here's a pic of the pommel. It's 1" electrical pvc. A 64oz Gatorade bottle fits inside the loop.

Before I finsh this saber I have 3 projects in front of it. Right now it reminds me of an eyelet of a giant tattoo needle.
    Last edited by Darth Midian; 01-30-2011 at 07:08 AM.

Really good work there, it looks very natural.

Makes you ask what other saber projects you could do with sculpt.....

Look forward to more sabers.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Wow! Nice Saber!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Midian View Post
    Dude, that looks amazing, & is absolutly brilliant that you made two sabers in one. The sculpting & painting you did is great. You beat me to it. I started construction on a pvc version of a Darth Nihl saber. I wanted to make the pommel first before I moved forward with the build. I made the pommel last weekend, now I just have to design the rest of the hilt. Here's a pic of the pommel. It's 1" electrical pvc. A 64oz Gatorade bottle fits inside the loop.

Before I finsh this saber I have 3 projects in front of it. Right now it reminds me of an eyelet of a giant tattoo needle.
    Wow. That is basically how I did it, but I do not have the long tail of conduit pipe. Mine was a loop with both ends cut part way so I could squeeze them together inside a copper coupling. That way the end of the loop is not weaker. It was a pain to do though. You got your loop done very nicely. I wouldn't expect anything less from the pvc master.
    Formerly known as Polarcupz

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

Thanks. IG-88, how strong is that plumbers putty? I was planning on using it to tie my loop together. Thanks

Thanks. IG-88, how strong is that plumbers putty? I was planning on using it to tie my loop together. Thanks
    Haha. "Plumbers putty" is like play dough...the propoxy20 on the other hand is extremely strong. The case says hardens like steel. I can't remember the actual numbers off of the top of my head...i think it is somewhere around 6-7000 psi or something. Just dont drop it from your hand to the floor and you will be fine (it will chip).

Propoxy20, cool thanks.

Propoxy20, cool thanks.
    There are other plumbing epoxies out there, but propoxy has ones especially for metal and plastic. I used the one for metal, because I used copper on nearly the entire build, but if you are using plastic on the whole thing there is one especially for plastic.

Very nice work here.
    Really like the interchangeable idea you used.
    The sculpting is marvelous!
    I have been working on and off (over the last 6 months) with this saber myself. I have not gotten too far yet lol.
    I have 5 projects just collecting dust on my bench atm. :\
    Anyway, once again, Very nice!