Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Darth Nihl and Darth Talon Saber

Default Darth Nihl and Darth Talon Saber

This to my knowledge is the first ever Darth Nihl saber. It was sculpted by hand using a two part plumbing epoxy propoxy20. Not only is it Nihl's saber, but it has a Darth Talon end cap, if you would rather have either of Darth Krayt's Hands (Darth Nihl/Darth Talon). Sounds vents are on the underside of the hilt, opposite the AV switch and and inch down. The hilt took about a week to sculpt, and a few days in the shop to paint and complete the electronics. I started this just before the new year, and it is finally done. ;D I hope you enjoy.

Specs:
    1" Copper pipe base
    3/4" End cap Led assembly
    5W Red Ledengine
    FX Yoda Board
    Short AV red
    Pololu board
    3W rectangle speaker
    Recharge port in pommel (inside)
    3.7V 18650 Li-ion
    Nearly everything inside is able to be removed, and replaced. (gold bullet plugs)
    11.5" Darth Talon Saber, 35" Darth Nihl Saber all together.
    INTERCHANGEABLE END CAPS FOR EITHER NIHL, OR DARTH TALON

Pics:

Video:
    http://s1020.photobucket.com/albums/...t=DSCF0027.mp4

Sorry for the video quality. My camera does not like doing videos. It will look a bit fuzzy, and the red will look yellow/orange in the video.
    Formerly known as Polarcupz

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

what did you use for the base of the loop?
    -Sidd-

1" Gray conduit pipe. I had to heat it up, and bend it to the right shape, cut it down and fit it into a copper coupling. After that, I covered it with the propoxy20. Rock hard now.

I see the rest of the saber seems to be copper. how strong would it be for dueling/spinning?
    -Sidd-

Quote Originally Posted by Sidd View Post
    I see the rest of the saber seems to be copper. how strong would it be for dueling/spinning?
    The whole thing is pretty heavy and sturdy. I have spun it around pretty hard and it hasn't budged. I could put another screw in to secure the conduit pipe, but it doesn't seem necessary. I had to replace the front prongs for hitting purposes. The longer the prongs, the less able you are to duel (they might snap if they are too long). Personally I would not try to do hard duelling with this, I have hit and bounced the blade around a bit after replacing the prongs and it handled well, but it is up to whomever gets it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafalema View Post
    Wow sweet!

Nice work man!
    Thanks!
    Last edited by IG-88; 01-23-2011 at 09:15 AM.

YOU MAGNIFICENT B******! That looks freaking beautiful!

how many packages of putty did that take, may i ask? I was thinking of making a One Sith saber myself, but was looking at using something more like Sculpy or even Bondo / fiberglass.
    Last edited by Cern; 01-23-2011 at 07:12 PM.
    The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cern View Post
    YOU MAGNIFICENT B******! That looks freaking beautiful!

how many packages of putty did that take, may i ask? I was thinking of making a One Sith saber myself, but was looking at using something more like Sculpy or even Bondo / fiberglass.
    I think around 6-7 tubes of Propoxy20, and a load of dead brain cells. I wouldn't use sculpy, becuase it is not very sturdy and tends to be very brittle after it is cured. Fiberglas might work, but it would be harder to sculpt. If you combined the two ie. fibergls over uncured scuply...that might be interesting in creating a cast.

Anyway, the propoxy20 is extremely hard and meant to adhere to metal, perfect for my purposes. They also make one for plastic for those pvc builders out there.

nice sculpting - Looks great.
    Yub Yub Commander.

ahh been watching and waiting for this ones release... VERY VERY nice work!!!