Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MHS based Mara Jade Style saber by Jay-gon Jinn

Default MHS based Mara Jade Style saber by Jay-gon Jinn

For particulars on this saber, please see the build topic here: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...n-AV-switch%29

MHS Jade Saber

Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 01-21-2011 at 03:39 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

An amazing build from start to finish. Full of ideas and really beautiful. Great Job...but Im sure you know that.
    "Parents dont let your babies grow up to be jedi" Darth Hass-supersith

Jay Gon, that's really awesome. You get a great purple, all your purple sabers look really good. I was wondering if you plan on doing a tutorial on how you achieve such a great purple. Such as what led do you use, what resistores do you use for the blue led & red led, what kind of lens & lens holder do you use. It would be greatly appreciated, Thank you Darth Midian.

I believe he used a DX RGB.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Looks good Jay-gon. I loved the WIP.
    Yub Yub Commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Midian View Post
    Jay Gon, that's really awesome. You get a great purple, all your purple sabers look really good. I was wondering if you plan on doing a tutorial on how you achieve such a great purple. Such as what led do you use, what resistores do you use for the blue led & red led, what kind of lens & lens holder do you use. It would be greatly appreciated, Thank you Darth Midian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    I believe he used a DX RGB.
    Yes, I did use a DX RGB, but the resistor needed is dependent upon what your set up is....what soundboard if any, and what the battery source is. Each different set up requires a different resistor. As far as the lens goes, I always 5 degree lenses in all of my sabers, except those that use Rebel leds. Just a habit I guess.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Use a pot to 'dial-in' your preferred range/color/shade or purple.....

then meter it.. so you know what resistor to exchange the POT with.

Another beautiful piece of work. I love the Mara Jade style of saber. Thumbs Up!

Thank you Jay.

Greatly executed. Love the build process. You are definitely stroooong with the fooorce. Too cool.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious