Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wire Routing

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Post Wire Routing

I am wondering, Does the Premium Speaker go In the Pommel or in my case, go in between the 1.5" sink tube adapter and the Pommel? If the latter, What is the best way to route wires around the speaker to the kill/recharge port?

It goes where you want it to go.
    And it depends on how you mount your speaker.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

The speaker will be mounted on the 4AAA battery holder. I guess a better way to put it, Does the speaker mount like the heatsink?

The speaker by itself doesn't mount, though some use it by itself and hotglue its base to the battery pack. A sturdier solution is to use the TCSS speaker mount (in the store), into which you press the speaker (I like to slit the sides of the mount a bit so the speaker goes in and out more easily), and then glue that mount to the battery pack. If you look at the pics of the speaker mount, you'll note that it has a rim which seats itself nicely into a MHS part.

If you want to use this setup along with a pommel-mounted recharge port, you'll have to carve/drill a path for the wires. In that case, you may have a very small distance in which to insert the recharge port before it bumps into the speaker; that depends on which pommel you're using.

Another solution is to make your own speaker mounting. For ideas on how to do that, see Jay-gon's descriptions and videos in the various A-to-Z build threads.

In the end you'll want to have all the parts in hand so you can lay them out and see how they'll really fit. Only experience can give you adequate understanding of what you might make work in your particular case.
    Last edited by Bothrops; 01-21-2011 at 05:35 PM.

Thank you Bothrops, Good information. I do know about the mount and should have said, but forgot. I guess I should purchase the rest of my supples and then figure it out. I have been working on it sense the end of October. I am just getting so anxious to have it done.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In that case, when you are in a hurry, things usually get broken. Make sure to take your time.

In response to your question, it all depends on how you are mounting your speaker. Once you get the rest of your parts it should be pretty clear...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    If you want to use this setup along with a pommel-mounted recharge port, you'll have to carve/drill a path for the wires. In that case, you may have a very small distance in which to insert the recharge port before it bumps into the speaker; that depends on which pommel you're using.
    I am using the MPS style 3 v2 pommel, and my plan is to put the the recharge port between the the tabs

Quote Originally Posted by cardcollector View Post
    In that case, when you are in a hurry, things usually get broken. Make sure to take your time.
    Thanks, I will slow down and not be so anxious.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Interesting. I've never seen anyone put a recharge port there.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Remember, you will have to turn that pommel 7 to 8 complete turns to screw on to you next section. How are you planning to deal with the wire twisting? You might have to just drill ahole in the pommel, leave the recharge port loose in it while you screw the pommel on and then fish the recharge port through the hole and put a nut on the outside.

Just something to think about.

Good point. Putting the port in the pommel insert is an easy alternative as it can turn as you screw on the pommel.