Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Resistance Provided by MR soundboard?

Great thanks for the confirmation! Yes, that would be unfortunate to get Li-ion components, wouldn't it?

Ok so I got my parts today (great PC job on Tim's part!) and I was testing out the wiring, and at best, I would get intermittent sound. I followed the wiring diagram for the Luke ROTJ soundboard, since its identical to the Mace I have, but to little avail. I tested all my connections, and they were all solid, but the led would randomly come on as I moved the soundboard, and as I touched the speaker leads to the speaker, the ignition sound would start, then cut out. Am I missing something here?

Solid connections? Hmmmm.......

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Did you make your connections right to the board? Or solder wires onto the existing original wires still on the board? Hasbro and MR boards are know to have thin, cheap wires on their board. You could have one, or more, that are starting to break inside the insulation where you can't see it.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Oooo... that doesn't sound fun. The only wire that I added was some 18 gauge that I connected to the led negative bundle; does that affect the connection quality? Should I just wire the led directly to the board with no additional wire?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Why are you using 18 gauge wire? I'd only use that from the battery. I don't use anything larger than 24 gauge now, and usually use 26.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!