Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Resistance Provided by MR soundboard?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You can even use a single 18650 Li-Ion to power the FX board and I normally use the P4s for Red and I get great results. You will get around 1200mA output from the FX board with that set up. Look at the last page of this thread for a saber with that set up. http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...m-sabers/page4

I have to admit that a while back I was not a big fan of the Li-Ions and prefered the NiMH over them, but after a lot of testing them for myself I prefer the Li-Ion batteries. You can even run a FX or economy board off of a single 14500 too. (you just won't get as long of a runtime)

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

So wait, sorry I'm a little confused. Can I still just wire everything directly to the board using a regulator and no resistor? The Li-ion option seems great, but I'm a little strapped for cash right now, seeing as I just used the last of my money on a hefty order from the TCSS(completely new hilt+PC+media blasting=$$$$!), so that option will have to wait until my next expenditure. The 4AAA option is still valid?

You must have paitence young one. A good saber takes time. Research the information you have been given. Take the time and your saber will be nice. First study how to make a 2 cell Li ion pack and see which batteries will fit your hilt.

Make learning part of your build.

Mkay, so to make a 7.4 Li-ion pack, what supplies do I need? Obviously 2x 3.7V Li-ion batteries, but what type, protected or nonprotected? And when I was researching, I came across a little doohickey called a PCB, and it sounded like I needed one to make my own pack. But my main question is, if anyone could provide me with a thourough parts list to make this battery pack, cuz even though I've heard of them, I've no idea how to make one. And what exactly are the benefits of such a pack? I'll probably start on this new project a week or so after I get the parts I ordered from the tcss, which will take a while since there are PC'd items in the order. So, sorry for my rambling, but comprehensive parts list please? Thanks a lot!

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ry-Pack-Making

read this, its full of great info about packs (and its actually much easier, more reliable, and stronger than you think)

Mkay, so I read a bit and I thought for my first attempt at pack making should be simple. So I was wondering if two Li-Ion 14500 Rechargeable AA size 3.7V 900mAh batteries in the 2x AA battery holder would work in a circuit with a Mace MR soundboard and a green Lux III and a 5V regulator? Go easy on me if this isn't even close! haha

It would work, but there is a better way.
    Take your 2 cells, and instead of using a holder, wire them in parallel. It will give you 3.7v (fine for the MR board), and 1800mah instead of 900.
    So your saber will last twice as long

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

OK that makes sense. So, "wiring in parallel" means using some 18 or 22 gauge wire and solder them to the cells' contacts? I'm just assuming here, so sorry if that's completely off and wrong!

Well yes, but in electronics, paralell would mean that you wire the positives together, and the negatives together.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

O Ok. So if I wanted expedience over results I would simply replace the alkalines in my pack with NiMH batteries, but if I really want the best results, go ahead and make my own Li-ion pack by wiring 2 14500s in parallel, am I correct?