Thread: 5V Regulator/ MR Soundboard/3W LED wiring diagram?

Default 5V Regulator/ MR Soundboard/3W LED wiring diagram?

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone could provide me with a wiring diagram of how to wire in the followingne LuxIII green led, one 2005 MR Mace Windu soundboard w/ 2 switch wires, one premium speaker, one 4AAA battery pack, one SPST guarded latching switch, and one 5V regulator. I've asked how to wire this in w/ words only, and I don't fully understand. Thanks!

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

you know... if you use NiMH rechargables instead of alkalines or regular AAA batteries, your voltage will only be 4.8V and you won't need that regulator...

also, why doesn't the normal wiring diagram for this work for you? does it not look like any of these? the mace boards do seem to be missing though... http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...iring-Diagrams
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

It is very helpful, but I just don't get how the regulator wires in. And I'm working on getting the $$ for those NiMHs!

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

then get some money for the NiMHs! in the mean time, if you make a jumper or false battery for the AAA pack and use that in place of the 4th alkaline, your voltage will be 4.5V and you still won't need the regulator. several people have made their own false batteries out of a wooden dowel rod and some screws or something... i'm not sure... i'm a Li-Ion kinda gal so i've never even used an actual battery holder... but i've seen some good results just with a jumper wire, so that's always an option. ^_^ and it removes the need for a regulator, thus simplifying your wiring quite a bit. besides that, the 7805A regulators can be finicky at times... they're really made for 7V or more constant. anything less and they can act kinda funky.

Mkay, I didn't know that about it being less than optimal at less than 7V, thanks! I think I'll just get some NiMHs, that seems like the easiest solution.

FYI, you can run an MR board just fine with a single 18650. I have done it many times and you don't have to worry about all that extra wiring with a 7.4 V pack and voltage regulator.

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

Quote Originally Posted by Caine Drathul View Post
    FYI, you can run an MR board just fine with a single 18650. I have done it many times and you don't have to worry about all that extra wiring with a 7.4 V pack and voltage regulator.
    QFT. The only thing is that you'd have to then get the charger and some sort of recharge method - probably in-hilt with the 18650, since I've never seen a battery holder that big. (and it sounds like $$ may be a tad tight)
    I would suggest the following as potential power solutions for your setup:

If you want non-rechargeable alkalines, use 3AA or 3AAA for 4.5V total.
    If you want NiMH use 4 for 4.8V.
    If you want Li-Ion, use 1 for 3.7V.
    The caveat is that you have to think about chargers for the NiMH or Li-Ions.

-C
    LOCKHEED

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Caine Drathul View Post
    /agree. i run a single 18650 in most of my sabers. in the one i use as a work light i have 2 wired in parallel for 6-7 hours of runtime, but that's another story. though in all the sabers i've built with MR boards i've used a pair of 14500s wired for 3.7V just so i have more runtime. ^_^ i'm also running a 10W CREE at ~2.8A and an econo soundboard on a single 18650 cell - one of the nice high output ones i found in a laptop battery i tore apart. ^_^ thanks MSI!