Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "Brass Fencer" by Don-Se Wion

Nice saber. Looks like your saber would actually be used in the movies. I lke the overlay and the logo too. And nice shade of blue also. How does the saber feel when spining the saber with the overlays and all?

Cool Looks awesome

Great looking build. Keep up the awesome work.
    Is that the new TCSS constant current LED driver?
    If so how do you like it?
    I am interested in seeing how it performs.

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergarcia87 View Post
    Nice saber. Looks like your saber would actually be used in the movies. I lke the overlay and the logo too. And nice shade of blue also. How does the saber feel when spining the saber with the overlays and all?
    Well, with an heavy blade the saber is slightly tipping to the front, a real neutral balancement is obtained with the thin walled TCSS trans-white blade, but I can't use that in the school anyway.
    The grip is good enough, there is a lot of space for the off hand and spinning it gives a good feeling.
    If I have to think about improvements I would probably move the activation switch a bit backward and swap the position of the sensors board and the 3-cells battery pack to achieve a better balancement with the thick walled blades.

Quote Originally Posted by Salohcin0083 View Post
    Great looking build. Keep up the awesome work.
    Is that the new TCSS constant current LED driver?
    If so how do you like it?
    I am interested in seeing how it performs.
    The constant driver was sourced locally. You know, living in Italy I have to pay duty fees with every shipment so I try to keep them as low as possible

Apart from this I think that in my next build I will use a simple resistor.

I'm not completely convinced by these drivers because even if it is a 1000mA unit I was not able to get more than 800mA from this setup. The worst part is that even removing the driver and using a simple resistor looks like the batteries were not able to give more than those 800mA ... or the LED was "requesting" only 800mA.

I did a lot of tests and also changed the battery pack (which gave even lover mA ...) but in the end I gave up and used the driver.

The funny part is that I used the same setup in my first saber (same LED and driver) and I was having readings very close to 1000mA.

Really confusing ...

Man... I really like this build... it grows on you
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    that looks really awesome! ^_^ i especially like the little logo on it. it adds just a cute little flare to the whole thing that kinda sets it apart. ^_^
    I agree. Just like Star Wars tells us, no two lightsabers are ever the same. I think your saber fulfills that last little tid bit. The logo on it really makes it special and unique. I hope you enjoy this wonderful creation for years to come.