Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Brass Fencer" by Don-Se Wion

Default "Brass Fencer" by Don-Se Wion

Hello saberworld !!

I'd like to present my second saber, named Brass Fencer.
    The name is kind of silly but I did not manage to find a better one so far.

Basically I built this saber to be used in lightsaber combat classes as my personal saber.
    The specifications are:

- MHS parts with custom AV switch and recharge port placement
    - Sink tube overlay
    - MR Mace Windu 2005 sound board
    - Cree XP-E Blue LED with 6° lens and constant current driver
    - 4x AA NiMh batteries
    - Custom chassis

Here are some pictures of the hilt:

The LED in the AV switch is wired directly to the battery pack and turns on when the kill plug is removed.
    The recharge port is placed between the AV switch and the planetary system logo ... and it was a real nightmare to be screwed in. Next time I think I will borrow the solution suggested by Jay-gon Jinn in his Mara Jade(ish) saber.
    Originally I planned to paint the recesses on the blade holder in black but then I tried some o-rings and I decided that they look very good in this case.

The last chassis ring is slightly larger than the others and sits on the rim at the end of the main body's thread. Speaker and resonance chamber slide inside the pommel while the outer rim on the resonance chamber is high enough to lock the chassis when the pommel is screwed in. This way nothing is moving inside the hilt and it can sustain some serious beating.
    The "exotic" battery pack build (3+1) was kind of forced because I was having some problems to fit everything in the available space. However, in the end it proved a good decision because the hilt's center of gravity is moved backward helping in balancing the blade weight.

The first picture of the blade was taken in a dark room with the flash. The other two pictures are taken in a room with full daylight without flash (on a cloudy day). The color of the blade is actually more blue to the eye than what I was able to obtain in picture.
    The blade is sourced from my lightsaber school because they prefer that everybody uses the same materials but I think it is very close to the TCSS combat clear blades (it has a 2mm wall). Inside the blade I put about 6ft of polipropilene film.

Thanks for looking and happy saber-building to everyone !

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

that looks really awesome! ^_^ i especially like the little logo on it. it adds just a cute little flare to the whole thing that kinda sets it apart. ^_^
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, the logo is great!!! Did you do that with files?
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Yes, I did a series of small holes and then shaped the "orbital path" with files.

And thanks both for you kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Se Wion View Post
    Yes, I did a series of small holes and then shaped the "orbital path" with files.

wow...

Also I LOVE the chasis...that is very nice. keeps everything in place, and looks great!
    Yub Yub Commander.

Great looking saber, chassis is awesome too. Bet it feels great to swing and spin. Nice work!
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Great build overall!

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

I agree with all the other comments and have to add that I kinda like the stand too. What did you use for the stand?

Thanks again for the appreciation.

Regarding your question, the base is a standard display base I bought at a modeling fair; it also has an acrylic cover to so that my first saber don't get too much dust

The stands are a pair of support brackets for curtain poles I found some times ago at a local DYI shop. They were something like this (not exactly the same thing but just to give you a rough idea)

They already had the central hole, the only thing I had to do was to enlarge the pole socket in order to accept the larger diameter of the hilt.