Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Have 3 red LEDs to choose from, help me choose one for my new build

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

unless you resistor that 6 AA battery pack your LED is going to be toasted to its full potential. All you need to do is make sure your LED is getting the current it wants. IN this case, that would be 1500ma.

If you don't resistor your LED it will be ruined. Just wanted that to be clear....
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

It will be underpowered with the stock board in the Vader, but still bright.
    If you can fit it in you could still run the LED off of a transistor like the 2010 Economy board setup.

That would push the LED to the 1.5A it needs. You will need a resistor though.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Ok I'm really confused now, I thought that the beauty of the luxeons and the p4 is they can be hooked right up to mr and hasbro boards, I didn't ha e to do any kind of resistors or anything when I did my tpm hasbro conversion, I just soldered up the green p4 and that's it. I don't have a voltage meter or anything an have 0 smarts when it comes to resistors and electronics

You won't give the R/O lux 3 its total rated current if you just hook it up to the board.
    You could, but it wouldn't be as bright, it would be shy 300ma or so.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

So a transistor would give it some more power, any idea what kind of transistor I would need for the 6 AA vader anh board

Wow only 7 posts and you've already dirtied everybody's spoons.

Use the search function and READ.

Sorry if I am causing any problems , I just really don't know where else to go with these questions, all I want to know is how to drive the r/o led to full potential off of the vader board.. I can't fin any threads on that, believe me I really appreciate the help from you guys