Thread: Ultra Bane with P.C. v1.3 - By Caine

Cool Ultra Bane with P.C. v1.3 - By Caine

Here is my Bane, which I recently picked up from Ultra when I was in his neighborhood. This hilt has slowly grown on me over the past few months, and I have also become a Darth Bane fan because of the EU book "Darth Bane: Rule of Two". Pick it up...you won't be disappointed.

Ultrasabers Bane hilt
    Petit Crouton v 1.3
    Seoul P4 Red
    Lighted AV Switch (power on indicator)
    Flashing red accent LED in pommel
    7.4V Li-Ion Battery Pack (2 - AW 14500's)
    Recessed aux. button

Soundfont by Novastar - Episode III Sidious modified for P.C.
    Custom Sidious boot sound by me

YouTube Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmqGMx0KZD4

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

i think i'm starting to see a common theme to a lot of your sabers now. ^_^ this looks like it would be fun to duel with using a stronger 2 handed style. any hope of seeing it in use in your combat videos later?
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Not familiar with Bane but I think I soon will be. Awesome saber and great upgrade.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

cool! Not a big fan of the hilt but nice upgrades and from I hear the Darth Bane story is a really good one.

I know you're a huge Obi Won ANH and Luke ROTJ fan....but you've really been on a sith kick lately. It appears you've joined the darkside.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 01-25-2011 at 05:30 AM.

This must be an interpretation of the saber as seen in the comic book. In the novel Path of Destruction, it is mentioned to be a curved hilt.
    My personal interpretation, though, is that the saber has a hinge and lock just above the grip so that it can be either.

I do recommend the other books in the Darth Bane trilogy. The first one is one of the very best Star Wars novels IMHO.

Way to bring up that old dinosaur of an argument.
    F.Y.I (to everyone), The Ultrasabers Bane is designed directly from the Comic Books featuring him, in which his saber is most definitely STRAIGHT. It is up to you if you want to follow the canon of the books or the comics.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

I was not "arguing" against this saber at all. The comic books came first, so I personally consider that version to be more canon. It bugged me a bit when I read in Karpyshyn's novel it was supposed to be curved. I am trying to provide a compromise between both sources by arguing that it could be hinged -- then both sources would be consistent with each other.

Then there is the book cover where Darth Bane is seen wielding Qui-Gon Jinn's lightsaber ....
    Last edited by Darth Lars; 01-26-2011 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Lars View Post
    I was not "arguing" against this saber at all. The comic books came first, so I personally consider that version to be more canon. It bugged me a bit when I read in Karpyshyn's novel it was supposed to be curved. I am trying to provide a compromise between both sources by arguing that it could be hinged -- then both sources would be consistent with each other.

Then there is the book cover where Darth Bane is seen wielding Qui-Gon Jinn's lightsaber ....
    Haha, that's "Rule of Two". And his apprentice has Maul's saber, lol.

Madcow's curved Bane to me is the epitome of the Bane saber. Although the canon color of the straight hilt is purple, red is always a good fit.

And now we're purple.

This was my original intention, but I accidentally blew out the red die in my DX RGB (hurp durp!) so I had to order a few more. This is my first time doing purple and I am very pleased with the results. Special thanks to my friends LDM & Vader's Vault for their advice on achieving the right color. It's a very nice shade of violet.

I also replaced the accent LED in the pommel to an Ultrabright Red/Blue blinky. I like the idea of red and blue in da pommel comes out to purple in da blade.