Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I think This is cool

Default I think This is cool

I just saw a preview for a new show airing this Monday on Sy Fy. It's called Being Human. It's a Vampire show. The cool thing is that Sam Witwer, the guy who played Galen Merrik/Starkiller is staring in it. It looks like it's going to be a cool show.

Sadly, it is a ripoff of the BBC version of Being Human which will be starting season 3 in two weeks. Almost all of the "Americanized" versions of BBC shows end up being horrible. I hope it does well but I will be watching the original.

Its being filmed in Montreal so maybe it will be "French-Canadianized" instead of "Americanized" eh?

Nah, probably not...lol...still its nice to see "Starkiller" getting more roles.

I saw that it's a copy of BBC show. I thougt it's going to be based in Boston. It's pretty cool that starkiller is in something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathan View Post
    Sadly, it is a ripoff of the BBC version of Being Human which will be starting season 3 in two weeks. Almost all of the "Americanized" versions of BBC shows end up being horrible. I hope it does well but I will be watching the original.
    I agree 100%, skins, topgear name it its crap, Apparently we cant come up with something origional in tv anymore they have to rip off the good stuff.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

I have it dvr'ed, I haven't watched it yet. I'm going to check it out later.

the only good british rip off was the office

Have any of you ever seen the American pilot for Red Dwarf? Some things are just bad. Some things are so bad that they are funny. Some things are SO bad that they stop being funny and just start being bad again.

I watched Being Human last night. I thought it was pretty good. I haven't seen the BBC version. I just have 2 issues with it. The werewolf is a bit whinny, that may just be the character. That's not really a big issue. The main thing that I find inaccurate is that the vampires can walk around during the day. I hope they explaine how they do that later on in the show. But vampires can not go out in the the day light. There are only three vampires that can be out durning the day, 1. Blade, just because he a half breed. 2. The ancient one from The Queen of the Dammed. I believe her name is Akashsa. She can survive the day light because she is so old & powerful. Anne Rice did a great job explaining how she can exisit during the day, & 3. Lestat, because he was smart & he earned it. Other than those three, vampires turn to dust in the sunlight. That's part of their curse, not being able to exisit in the sunlight, & VAMPIRES SURE AS HECK DO NOT SPARKLE LIKE DIAMONDS IN THE SUNLIGHT!!! NO,NO,NO!!! That's just a bad, a very bad idea. But once you look past the vampires hanging out during the day it's an ok show. Like I said I haven't seen the BBC version, so I have nothing to compare it too.
    Last edited by Darth Midian; 01-20-2011 at 06:54 AM.

The werewolf is supposed to be just a regular "Joe" nice guy who gets cursed.

The vampires in this series are different just like there is something different with just about every vampire in any other show/movie. Some cant stand garlic, some can. Some are repelled by holy items, some are only repelled by holy items that they felt were actually holy while living (Christian vampire would not be repelled by a Jewish star.), some laugh at the myth of holy items. This series has vampires that are not harmed by the sun, don't actually need blood to survive, if they do drink blood it makes them strong and violent as well as they become addicted to it.