Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Wiring Diagram with USv 2.5

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Post New Wiring Diagram with USv 2.5

By George, I think I've got!

Is this the correct wiring configuration?

Yep. Looks good

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

.. Hello .. I want to use the same configuration .. but .. because you do not use resistors for the LED and the switch? .. I'm sorry for my ignorance. Using US2.5 perhaps are not necessary?

what exactly are you asking? The above picture is a diagram for using the UltraSound 2.5 sound board. There are other diagrams here for direct drive if you don't want to use a sound board.

in your diagram, with a Ultrasound 2.5 (and I want to use this board) I don't see the resistors for DPDT and for LED (There is no internal resistor on these so you need to use the correct resistor in order to not fry the LED. The LED has a forward voltage of 2.1V and runs at 20mA. 4.8V would use a 150ohm 1/4 watt resistor, 6V would use a 220ohm 1/4 watt resistor and 4.7 Ohm 5 watt resistor for Red Led)..
    I would like to know if with US2.5 is not necessary to use this resistors...

that switch does not have an LED. and you do not need a resistor for the main LED (a p4 in this case) the US board does that.

This is my first build, so I am really not that knowledgeable as to use what goes where. I may move the L1 LED after the P4 with a resistor. I was told that would work better for a Crystal Chamber (brighter).
    The switch is the Nickel Plated Momentary Switch;
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Ni...itch-P471.aspx

The US 2.5 has 5 LED settings
    Watch these links;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKD6Bv9vauA&NR=1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzBAN...eature=related
    The only difference, he is using a SPST Push on/off - Mom switch with black button, where I am using the Kill/Recharge port.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

just to make sure, you mean wire the L1 LED in parallel with the P4 with the right resistor, right? not in series?
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

To be sure, I drew up both circuits.

Example A is in the parallel?

Example B is in the series?
    Or am I completely backwards?

Example C
    Something like that?
    Last edited by Loachri MacTalabh; 01-20-2011 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Addition, Example C

with both of those the resistor is effecting the main LED as well as the accent. you will get a dim saber that way. you can use the L pad for the accent LED and use a resistor, but attach those wires separately to the L pad, don't have the accent and the main LED's on the same wires.