Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Accent LED Brightness

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    spoon feeding leads to apathy. Apathy leads to ignorance. Ignorance leads to hate....... You know the rest.
    this going in my sig....
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Yeah the US accent pads aren't great.

And I also mirror (Not at you specifically Loachri) that people really need to have some basic knowledge of how to wire things from individual diagrams.
    It gets tiring for people asking how to wire in a recharge port when there is a perfectly good diagram, but for some reason they can't put it in their particular circuit, or people asking how to wire an AV switch when there are diagrams for accent LEDs...

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

yeah not to pick on anyone, but everything here generally has it's own wiring diagram and some very basic wiring sense is all you need to figure out how to plug in what you need and strip out what you don't need. that being said, we still have people ignoring the wiring diagrams that are out there and throwing wires all willy nilly in their own diagrams that make no sense whatsoever... not targeted at anyone in particular, but many people have made/modified the wiring diagrams that ARE here, taking a lot of time to do it, and the thought of people seemingly ignoring the sense in looking at them is a bit of a put-off... now if you look at the diagrams and make one with everything that YOU need BASED ON the ones here, that's another story - that's a GOOD thing and proves that you can be trusted with simple electronics flow. ^_^ /rant
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Heres my rant;
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    no. that no worky.
    Dude Grow up! I am a 36 year old man, NOT a kid. I do know how a polou works. However, since I am new to electronics, I would rather see something wired up so I can follow it's lead. I don't want to destroy what I am working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    people really need to have some basic knowledge of how to wire things from individual diagrams.
    All I asked for was a diagram to follow. As soon as I did people took a left turn on me. All I ask for is some respect, for that is all I have given. Find a thread were I have been disrespectful. This will be the last thing I say on this matter.

I've run 2 accent LEDs off 2.4V to light a small crystal chamber and it wasn't impressive but it lit up a bit. Looked ok in the dark, but the clear looking colour LEDs are much brighter. Clear crystals don't have much to diffuse light with, so fogged or imperfect ones diffuse light better.

Quote Originally Posted by Loachri MacTalabh View Post
    Heres my rant;

Dude Grow up! I am a 36 year old man, NOT a kid. I do know how a polou works. However, since I am new to electronics, I would rather see something wired up so I can follow it's lead. I don't want to destroy what I am working on.

All I asked for was a diagram to follow. As soon as I did people took a left turn on me. All I ask for is some respect, for that is all I have given. Find a thread were I have been disrespectful. This will be the last thing I say on this matter.
    Grow up? Mirror please. You said you would be satisfied if someone told you yes or no. I think you should be grateful to people willing to give you guidance not demand it in more detail. That is disrespectful.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The L1 and L2 pads don't have enough current to power anything more than 20mA. You can just parallel the accent LED with the main LED and be sure to use the correct resistor. Just search on ebay for high power 5mm LEDs and you should find something that will make a crystal chamber bright.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

@Rhyen Skytracker Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyen Skytracker View Post
    Just search on ebay for high power 5mm LEDs and you should find something that will make a crystal chamber bright.
    Would a couple of 10,000 mcd high power LEDs work?
    Two there should be. No more. No less. One to embody the power, the other to crave it. -Darth Bane
    If a Luxeon III gets hot enough to melt...[hot]glue, something's wrong with your wiring! -Jay Gon Jinn

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yes, that will work great.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php