Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Accent LED Brightness

Quote Originally Posted by Loachri MacTalabh View Post
    What kind of laser are you talking about, the pointer type?
    Laser diodes. Yes like found in pointers.

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Cool. I am using USv 2.5, How would I wire a laser diode up, same as a regular LED? Would it run off the L1 pad on the board?

I wire them to turn on with blade ignition with a pololu board. Laser diodes need a CC driver. I run the CC drivers from a fixed voltage regulator.

Could be so kind as to draw up a wiring diagram? So can visually see if it will work with my current set-up.

I don't do diagrams. My spoon is in the dishwasher.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    I use lasers to light opaque crystals. For a 1.6 in long crystal you would need 1 laser on each end. I would use a smaller or clearer crystal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    I don't do diagrams. My spoon is in the dishwasher.
    What? Spoon/Dishwasher Huh?
    If your going to offer help, don't you think you should them all you can. A diagram could be the most help you can give. No big deal. I found that it will be way too expensive to use a laser. A 5mm Green LED is what I will be using.

I will give general guidance but One must understand electronics configurations enough to connect out of the ordinary setups together. I leave some specifics to you. No offense but this is a diy forum. And spoon feeding leads to apathy. Apathy leads to ignorance. Ignorance leads to hate....... You know the rest.

And yes it's not cheap. Red = $10.00 Green = 35.00 Blue = 60.00 Purple = 30.00

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Making diagrams take a lot of time and most of us have full time jobs and make sabers in what little spare time we can find or make sabers full time and we don't have the time to make diagrams for every little thing. There are tons of diagrams on here of different things that you can piece together to make what you need or google to find the information you need. That is how we all have to do it.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Loachri MacTalabh View Post
    Cool. I am using USv 2.5, How would I wire a laser diode up, same as a regular LED? Would it run off the L1 pad on the board?
    Completely understandable. My question quoted above, is all I wanted. A simple "Yes it does" or "No it don't" and would have been happy.

no. that no worky.