Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Calvary Custom Sabers’ “LED-Saber Rules of Combat”

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Midian View Post
    That's cool, but how do other people feel about that. I personally don't like other people using my stuff. Music equipment, guitars/ basses, lending dvd's, cd's & lightsabers. Just because I take care of my stuff & people in general treat other peoples stuff with a less respect than they treat their own stuff. I'm not saying that the the people you duel with are like that. I'm just expressing my opinion of that rule, that's all. I've also had bad experiences in the past with people using/ borrowing my things.
    same here. i make people well aware that if they scratch anything i loan to them, they just bought it at original price.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Midian View Post
    That's cool, but how do other people feel about that. I personally don't like other people using my stuff. Music equipment, guitars/ basses, lending dvd's, cd's & lightsabers. Just because I take care of my stuff & people in general treat other peoples stuff with a less respect than they treat their own stuff. I'm not saying that the the people you duel with are like that. I'm just expressing my opinion of that rule, that's all. I've also had bad experience in the past with people using/ borrowing my things.
    That is a good point. I taught every person in the group I duel with how to make their saber in a class. The sabers are all PVC so they all are pretty cool with sharing the sabers so it isn't a problem for us.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

That's cool. I bet that saber building class was fun. So you basically just started your own dueling club from the ground up, & started it out by teaching the members how to build their own sabers. That's genius. So you started a Jedi temple, that's awesome.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

LOL, Thanks! PVC was a great cost effecient way to get a lightsaber in a person's hands, while the learning curve was still minimal... it was really easy to do as well, as long as you have 5-10 hours of extra work a week. It is a great way to share the hobby and help it grow.

Here's the catch though... They are all under the age of 18. I have taught the class twice, and now have 20+ saber wielding students to duel with.

Edit;
    Added Thrusting Rules thanks to the advice of Cannibal....
    Last edited by cardcollector; 01-17-2011 at 09:47 AM.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

That's cool, they're young enough for you teach them & not old enough to have developed any bad habits that you would have to break.