Thread: "Ececentric Electric Lamps" by Andrew Palace

Default "Ececentric Electric Lamps" by Andrew Palace

Andy is my dad and after seeing his lamps I think youl see where my inspiration for my light sabers is coming from.

they are all hand made by him featuring recycled brass and copper parts fitted and brazed together. the glass lamp shades are ether retro antic lamp shades or hand blown and cast peaces by various artist friends of his.

you can contact him on facebook by searching Andrew Palace for Details.

Dads is really chuffed Im building light sabers..Kinda like continuing the family trade lol...tho hes not so happy I take over his workshop and use some of his choicest parts.......but hey what's your old man for if not stealing parts off to build light sabers? I tried to tell him his things are my things but he didn't listen to me..stubborn old bugger

anyway here the pic's enjoy

Last edited by vctrsone; 01-11-2011 at 10:30 AM.
    }---------------{
    ]-----------------"Fullmerge Benzin"----------------------------------------:Beware of the dark side:--------------------------------------- "Fierfek"--------------------------------[

Those are pretty cool! A great blend of steampunk and retro sci-fi!
    This Jedi Ranger has a name....Terek Kelrune. Don't forget it.

Love the retro look myself as well.
    Yub Yub Commander.

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

If Star Wars came out in the 50's, that is how I would imagine the lightsaber. Awesome build I have been thinking building a history accurate Scottish basket-hilt broadsword inspired lightsaber. Something like this

It would be a one handed stunt saber.

haha sounds cool make it!
    }---------------{
    ]-----------------"Fullmerge Benzin"----------------------------------------:Beware of the dark side:--------------------------------------- "Fierfek"--------------------------------[

You dad could be a great resource for making great sabers. You must learn the way from him. Then you will be a jedi.